Shortening Lytworx String Lights From Bunnings

crashovaride

New elf
Hello

I have multiple sets of Lytworx string lights from Bunnings. Particularly these:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/lytworx-warm-white-connectable-fairy-lights-350-pack_p0264524

These are a four wire design. I have found plenty of help articles to shorten 3 or 2 wire designs but nothing regarding 4 wires. I wish to shorten one set, but also have two sets where a bulb has pulled out leaving the wires behind. I'm chasing some sort of wiring diagram or sketch to help me understand how these are wired to help me patch them back up.

Cheers

Attachments

• Lytworx String Lights.jpg
    Lytworx String Lights.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 19

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The number of wires is usually defined by the number of wires leaving the controller. Once you get down to the first of the leds the number of wires can change as every 2nd, 3rd, 4th led are wired in series. That pic there doesn't actually help much to work out what sort of lights they are. Generally the wiring pattern will be reproduced every 6-10 leds down the string. you should be able to match where the sections repeat and hopefully that will help you sort the problem.