Silhouette or Shadow Creation

orlandoal

Angry Elf!
Hi everyone,

I wanted to make a start on this years Halloween offerings, as last year I failed miserably at doing much at all and also Hurricane Ian coming through Orlando area meant I had to have a new roof and guess what, they said they could turn up anytime during October, I managed to put a few bits and bobs out in the yard but kept most of the props in the garage and never got used.

The video below shows Silhouettes of animals walking, flying etc. across the whole front of the house and beyond, I have tried searching on how to do this but have not been able to find a tutorial or anything meaningful as how to do it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3opoF0IpYvE

Not sure if it is called Silhouette or Shadow or what, any help or pointers to a tutorial would be really appreciated, basically I want to start off with some flying bat shadows, or witch on broomstick shadows and have them fly across the rest of the house & yard, I think the effect is really impressive and would like to have a go at this if posible.

Michael or Smitz (Lights on Temira) is the owner of the video above

Kurt87

New elf
I think he created a group called “ All (put at bottom for fades) “ which has all models and props in it and literally gets put at the bottom of the list of models in the sequence which takes priority over everything else above. Then add a shadow gif of an animal that’s moving for example going from right-left etc. I think @Danielr created that sequence which was one of the favorites in my show and I received lots of compliments from that effect in particular so thanks mate.

Danielr

Lights On Botanical
Generous elf
Yep, I created a second all group which needs to be at the bottom of your view so that it renders over the top. Then drop a picture effect on. The ones I had were animated gifs. In the effect settings you then check the box “suppress gif background” and in layer blending select “1 is mask” in the drop down box