Simple problems but how do I....

BallaratLights

New elf
OK two more dumb questions.
How do I copy sections of my sequence in sequencer. Click and drag produces a dashed box around selection but when key is released "selection box" disappears right click Copy does not copy. Sometimes when a model is clicked on a red background appears. This dos allow copy but only of all the highlighted area which may be more than I want to copy.

Changing colours.
Two issues here. When setting up some lines I wanted them to appear Green but colour showed red in properties and could not get it to change. In preview they are showing white.

Also have minitrees that I want to change colour of eg all trees red than change to green one by one or each alternates co lour. Can seee a colour window but how does it work. I have dragged a colourwash onto some trees but not what I wanted. Just solid colour from start.

Thanks in advance.

drakky

Senior elf
3.jpg

1st question re copying high light the sequence part you want to copy you'll see the elements are pink in the image then pres Ctrl and C to copy
click on the new place you want to copy to and press Ctrl and V to paste it also right click and copy and right click and paste works too sometimes
note sometimes the whole effect needs to be in the selection

not just part of it
4.jpg 5.jpg

although this seems to be working in 2018.6 not sure what version you are using

Last edited:

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
yeah, selecting effects can be a bit tricky, but you should be able to click and drag to select multiple items, then copy paste them.
I find un-selecting all timing marks then clicking and dragging ( a yellow dotted line appears around the effects) sometimes helps to target the required effects better.
You should also be able to click an effect, hold down the Ctrl key and click another effect etc etc.
I'm sure this is all covered in one of @keithsw1111 's videos on his youtube channel or http://videos.xlights.org/

Bit confused about second question - are these 'lines' RGB nodes? If so the red in string properties on the Layout tab is default colour and as far as I know makes no difference to how it's shown on the Sequence tab. That setting is really only for single colour models, where it does show up on the sequencer tab next to the name of the model. The house preview always shows all models white. Once you add effects that's when you see the colours you've selected in the model or house preview.

For solid colour you could use the On effect eg:

cheers

Attachments

• oneffect.PNG
    oneffect.PNG
    1.4 KB · Views: 4

drakky

Senior elf
you can also do this put red "ON" on the whole time and green"ON" on the individual elements and the trees will all be red and each one individually will turn green then back to red as the next one turns green

8.jpg

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
OK two more dumb questions.
How do I copy sections of my sequence in sequencer. Click and drag produces a dashed box around selection but when key is released "selection box" disappears right click Copy does not copy. Sometimes when a model is clicked on a red background appears. This dos allow copy but only of all the highlighted area which may be more than I want to copy.
I logged a bug with the highlight effects, activate timing mark, try to move effects using arrow keys and the highlight disappears. That worked in previous versions.