Singing face sequence for Christmas Can-Can?

nato595

Let's do this!
Anyone have a singing face sequence they wouldn't mind sharing to "The Christmas Can-Can"? I'm specifically using HolidayCoro singing trees. Thanks!

nato595

Let's do this!
Nicely done!
I'm using LOR. Not familiar with HLS. Is there is conversion from HLS to LOR by chance, is would that just be too easy?!

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
No, there is no way I know of to do that conversion. There are 2 ways of doing it in LOR. 1 is using Itsmebobo's papagayo, he has made the task of singing faces much easier for LOR users. The second way would to be to make each mouth movement and store them in your clipboard, there are only 5 movements so this wouldn't be hard and you can use that set of mouth movements to animate your faces. Hope that helped.
John

ebrady

New elf
I believe the latest version of xlights/Nutcracker will convert from HLS to LOR.

JCMarksafb said:
No, there is no way I know of to do that conversion. There are 2 ways of doing it in LOR. 1 is using Itsmebobo's papagayo, he has made the task of singing faces much easier for LOR users. The second way would to be to make each mouth movement and store them in your clipboard, there are only 5 movements so this wouldn't be hard and you can use that set of mouth movements to animate your faces. Hope that helped.
John

nato595

Let's do this!
@ebrady , it looks like you are right!

John, if you are open to sharing your HLS sequence for the faces I'd love the try the conversion.

Thanks in advance!

jcmarksafb

I have no idea what file you need, but I am uploading all files for Christmas Can Can to my Dropbox folder now and will have a link (hopefully) available soon. Don't know if it will do you any good though as 3 of the faces are on my matrix and eye setup, but you are more than welcome to give it a shot. I'll post again when I have a link to the folder for you to download. There are 17 files in there so good luck. Just an aside, I used LOR for 3 years and loved it, but when it came to pixels, I found it very hard to change channels/universes and some of the effects just didn't do what I wanted. HLS is a lot like LOR only more powerful and flexable. Once you get past the first parts getting it set up for the first prop you are on your way. You might want to give it a try. Just a thought.
John

OK, tried to give you the whole folder, but not working ... so here is the sequence file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/142750701/Christmas%20Can%20Can/Christmas%20Can%20Can.hls
If this is not the file you are looking for, let me know what file or files you need.

dkulp

Full time elf
He'll need the hlsIdata file that is created when you go to Output -> "... Compile for show" -> "Export Illumination Data". That contains the raw data that is what xLights would be able to read in.

jcmarksafb

Thanks dkulp, I had everything but that file in the folder LOL .... anyway here is the hlsdata file for it
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/142750701/Christmas%20Can%20Can.hlsIdata
Hope that helps;
John

nato595

Let's do this!
The conversion worked absolutely perfectly!!
I will just end up using the 32 A/C channels for my setup and disregard the pixel faces, or maybe even use your pixel timings on some of my other pixel components.

I appreciate the HLS suggestion. I also have loved LOR, and the abundance of help available for the last three years, but like you, I have also outgrown it because of my pixel conversion. Even with the LOR UDP splitter I still have more pixels than two Visualizers can support. I will definitely check out HLS.

Thanks again!