Singing faces

scamper

Dedicated elf
Put the train on the back burner for a while as I need to clear some room and finish the "station" to store it in, So while the weather is cold and wet, I thought I would try to make something new.
The local hardware had some cheap coated ply, so I bought a piece, then a few hours later, this appeared.
.. Well if only it were that easy..
I am waiting on some more led strings so I can finish it, but am really dreading having to do all the extra lip sync work.
Oh well, the things we do to please all our visitors.
After I test it and am happy, I have the materials to build 2 more.

On a warm fuzzy happy note. While I was getting lunch at the local deli yesterday, I had a woman ask if the xmas lights that are synced to the music were mine... She said she thought it was wonderfull and can't wait to come back this year and see them again :)

Attachments

• face front.jpg
    face front.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 77
  • face back.jpg
    face back.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 80

scamper

Dedicated elf
I have finished the first reindeer and tested it with a small sequence. I am quite happy with the results, so have built the next 2 frames and now just need to wait for my shipment of led's.

https://youtu.be/1kRGZodTPOA

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Yes well done mate but shame the train has been put on back tracks as am keen to see final product

scamper

Dedicated elf
the grinch said:
Yes well done mate but shame the train has been put on back tracks as am keen to see final product

It is still going, The wife put the first coat of gloss on the cab last weekend, I am just waiting untill I can get hold of some wheels before I go any further, as it is sooooo big, I have no room in my shed so when i take the next step I need to be able to wheel it down to the station in between work.

Binkles

Full time elf
That looks pretty cool!

How big are they?

I'm trying to find something smaller than the ones you can buy, with viewers only a couple of metres away from the house, I think the big ones are too big for my site.

scamper

Dedicated elf
I made them myself and they are 800mm x 1200mm. I did it that way so I could get 3 out of a 1200mm x 2400mm board cut in thirds.