Got my DR4 up and running, but despite changing config and rebooting I can not get slave 1 active, Tabor's run through things with me and I've e-mailed Ed, just wondering if anybody else has had this occur, and found a solution.
I replied in an email with more details a few minutes ago. We tested it before shipping but it does appear dead. As I suggested we could get lucky and reflow a couple of very important solder joints. One of those could have been marginal and worked when we tested it but is failing now.
I want to say a public thanks to Ed, firstly he offered an express exchange , well from US to UK costs etc, it seemed a pointless waste of money probably to both of us.
So he's talked me through MPLAB and PIC3 programming , testing the board and a few other bits,,,, found the fault (Ed has correctly predicted it) a cold solder joint on a surface mount capacitor. Well as soon as Santa delivers my solder station I'll hopefully be able to fix it myself.