"Small" mini tree

DanJ

Full time elf
I want to do some "small" mini trees (like 2' tall or less) next year. I have looked all over but have not really found any instructions for making small mini's. Any advice out there? I want to do a couple of little "mini tree forests" so to speak. Thanks very much in advance!!

AlexB

New elf
I guess it depends on the look you're going for.

I went with something simple - a garden pot trellis which had spiral wire around it for about $12 at my local discount store, with a 50 bulb RGB string cable tied to it - something like this:
1381764_10201495815290171_1193320494_n.jpg

They're about 3 feet tall, but the legs can be pushed into the ground for stability about 6 inches, which would get you down to about the 2 1/2 foot mark.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Matt said:
really wish there was someone in Australia selling those hexatree's, wink wink.. they look great
If we had access to something that can cut coro. CNC maybe we draw our own plans and get a bulk lot cut

DanJ

Full time elf
Thanks very much for all the ideas!!! I think the "reo" trees might just do the trick. Simple is good, because I am not exactly a "handyman".... Thx!!

Karob

Let there be Light!
I updated my mini trees from being wrapped with AC Rope Light to being strung with 90 pixels in a 270 degree tree design. The pixels are spaced at 40mm, 5 strings of 10 up and 4 strings of 10 down giving me a the ability to control the tree in the same way as my Mega Tree.

The frame was handmade by another member containing 6 5mm Steel Rods welded at the top and welded to round ring at the bottom, so far from my testing the 1 tree I have had on is very bright.

[smfattach]1[/smfattach]

Last edited by a moderator:

DanJ

Full time elf
Thanks yet again for the good ideas! I really like Karob's small trees.