Smart Receiver Help

Bmac99

New elf
Hello,

My show has grown to the point where I need to use a couple of Smart Receivers (Falcon SRx1 V4.0). I'm assigning ports 9-12 on the F16v3 to the Smart Receivers. My understanding is if I'm daisy chaining 2 receivers, it divides the number of pixels per port between the 2 receivers. So, instead of each port being able to drive 1024 pixels, it's 512 (please correct me if I'm wrong). I have a Rosa Wreath and some window outlines that I'd like on Receiver A. The Rosa Wreath is going to have 2 strings, so 2 ports on Receiver A will just be for the wreath, while the other two ports will drive the window outlines. Does this mean that the Rosa Wreath would be assigned ports 9 & 10 even though they're on the Smart Receiver? Receiver B is going to be in the yard and will drive my arches and mini trees. I don't understand how to add the arches to Receiver B. What ports do I indicate on XLights & Visualizer for the 4 ports on Receiver B? Is Receiver B on the same ports, 9-12, or do I have to assign them their own set of ports, like 13-16? I thought I'd only be using 4 ports total on the F16v3 but can't figure out how to assign things properly I guess. At the end of the day, I'd like to get the Rosa Wreath and windows on Receiver A, the arches on Receiver B which is daisy chained to Receiver A, while only using ports 9-12 on the F16v3. Thanks for your help!

merryoncherry

Senior elf
The first thing is the divisions are flexible, not fixed fractions. For example, you could do 100 on A and 600 on B both on Port 9. (Sure, you can do 1024 pixels per port but I don't personally recommend that, I like the higher frame rates.)
It's receiver A and receiver B on the same ports 9-12.
Yes, a multi-string prop would be on ports 9-10 (for example).

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
So the receivers will be labelled A and B, depending on how you set the address wheel.
This means in receiver one, the ports are actually 9A, 10A, 11A, 12A, and likewise on the second receiver they are 9B,10B,11B and 12B.
As for setting up the props-
In visualiser, add your Rosa Wreath to port 9. This will add the port 10 connection automatically. Then right click it and set it to Smart receiver A. It'll change colour. Then add your arch, behind the wreath. Right click it and assign it to Smart receiver B.
It'll change to a different colour to indicate the other receiver.

You can then drag other props on the same pixel output cable run behind the ones you've placed and they will inherit the smart receiver assignment.

Bmac99

New elf
So the receivers will be labelled A and B, depending on how you set the address wheel.
This means in receiver one, the ports are actually 9A, 10A, 11A, 12A, and likewise on the second receiver they are 9B,10B,11B and 12B.
As for setting up the props-
In visualiser, add your Rosa Wreath to port 9. This will add the port 10 connection automatically. Then right click it and set it to Smart receiver A. It'll change colour. Then add your arch, behind the wreath. Right click it and assign it to Smart receiver B.
It'll change to a different colour to indicate the other receiver.

You can then drag other props on the same pixel output cable run behind the ones you've placed and they will inherit the smart receiver assignment.
Thank you!

Bmac99

New elf
The first thing is the divisions are flexible, not fixed fractions. For example, you could do 100 on A and 600 on B both on Port 9. (Sure, you can do 1024 pixels per port but I don't personally recommend that, I like the higher frame rates.)
It's receiver A and receiver B on the same ports 9-12.
Yes, a multi-string prop would be on ports 9-10 (for example).
Thank you!