1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

SMD Technicolor

Discussion in 'RGB Lights - Intelligent Pixels and 3-Channel RGB' started by ShayneT, Apr 19, 2014.

1. ShayneT

ShayneT New Elf

2. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Im not sure how good these will be but going from last year there were some issues with both heat and water, I do know they were working on improving this design, so not sure if these are still an issue

3. dpavisic

dpavisic Full Time Elf

I had the black technicolour ones last year and of the 21 strings, I had multiple failures on all but around 6. Some would have intermittent problems, some had failures and when I replaced the offending node, another one would go out. In the end I ended up getting my money back from Ray. Now I have been reading that there is a new design, but I don't know how it performs.

Cheers

4. OP
    OP
    ShayneT

ShayneT New Elf

I was hoping the SMD version would of had a clear epoxy covering the LED. I had some failures last year and Ray has replaced them with the new version but have not tested them outside yet.

I thought I had seen somewhere that the SMD was a newer more water resistant version.

5. arw01

arw01 Full Time Elf