Snow machine - any tips to reduce the noise?

kymm4

New elf
Hi all, our new snow machine has turned up and I am super excited....except for the noise. The husband was correct, its really loud and I am desperate to prove him wrong haha. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to reduce the noise?

scamper

Dedicated elf
Swap it for a bubble machine :D
I know none of this helps, but we used a snow machine for the first year, then swapped to a bubble machine.
The noise, the fact it never went where we wanted it to go and the general let down.
Since using the bubble machine, the kids are way more excited and blowing around in the wind is actually a benefit, and way less noise.

BUT... I have heard of people building housings for the snow machines for noise reduction and safe keeping when they want to mount them out of the elements.
You can only try. I would build a box big enough for the snow machine and a layer of insulation.
Good luck.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Umm yes yes yes we have the snow machine and is great if we all were deaf . We used it on a remote control basis and visually awesome but reminds me of nanny's old hoover when I was a child scary noise . so now we have bubble machines very cool and quiet and we set them on a remote also as bubble mix can go quite quickly and just set them off when we feel the need too . They are a huge hit ! But my biggest worry and concern is the little ones like too chase the bubbles and could run onto the road into traffic so we do monitor !
So I would like to just get that point across I feel with bubbles comes responsibility as unfortunately some parents of the our audiences don't watch as much as we would like and if there was to be an incident I personally could never forgive myself !

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Get a new husband before the "I told you so"! (and remove "The husband was correct" before he can quote it and imortalise it in writing forever).

scamper

Dedicated elf
They are a huge hit ! But my biggest worry and concern is the little ones like too chase the bubbles and could run onto the road into traffic so we do monitor !
So I would like to just get that point across I feel with bubbles comes responsibility as unfortunately some parents of the our audiences don't watch as much as we would like and if there was to be an incident I personally could never forgive myself !
Our Bubble machine is up near the house in a set area that has all the blow up's, train, sleigh and santa's workshop. so the kids have to get out of the car and come up the driveway to see it. We kind of have a gathering area, so safety is not an issue. Also, all the lights etc are roped off, so they can't get to anything that they aren't allowed to.

wjohn

Apprentice elf
my snow machine is also noisy, i used to only run it for a limited period in a few songs during peak crowds no easy method that i know of..

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
I got a snow machine and I can agree with the noise. I opened it up and it's a vacuum cleaner motor, no surprise as it sounds like one.
The only thing I can suggest is sound dampening foam inside????

If noise level is a high concern; Antari make 'silent' machines but they cost big money $_$.

I want something like the Antari S500 or Magic FX Snow case. The design is for the main unit to be somewhere else and then a hose with output nozzle. Again, big big money $_$.