So excited....

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
My wife just called and let me know my 1800 lights and 3 power supplies just arrived from china...received my PixLite 16 last weekend...after 7 months of reading, I finally have the pieces to create my first blinky lights...plan is a mega tree in the front yard, but so excited to just get 1 string of 50 lit up....going to be hard to focus on work the rest of the day (4.5 hours to go). Sorry for the extraneous post but just had to share somewhere :)

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Only a sicky for the day, I would be saying "see you next week" :)

Always a good feeling to get to start playing with them.

arw01

Full time elf
My latest order came yesterday too, I have some of Ray's technicolor with G40 bulbs burning in just for the fun of seeing the blinky..

Congrats and ask away if you got questions, and double check those power connections on the pigtails before you fry a set!

Ps DON'T assume the pigtails are wired correctly either, check em.

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
SUCCESS! Thank you all for the advice and writings along the way. Only had 2 hiccups and in the end got 3 light strands running doing different things (only goal for the night). 1st hiccup was realizing the power supply doesn't come with a cord and quickly teaching myself something I missed along the way somehow (cut a heavy duty extension cord lying around the garage and hook it up, correctly). 2nd hiccup was one of the strings had the wrong connectors on the wrong end (didn't fry the set thankfully - cut the connector and just ran it straight to the board - can't believe I did that after being warned). Thanks again all.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Its always a very memorable moment when you get blinky going for the first time.

Congrats and welcome to the addiction