So I understand the number of timing marks is important...

arw01

Full time elf
Louie have you thought about doing some custom grouping in the controllers? Those elements don't need individual node control, even grouping in 2's would cut your channel count in half!

nutz4lights

Full time elf
arw01 said:
Louie have you thought about doing some custom grouping in the controllers? Those elements don't need individual node control, even grouping in 2's would cut your channel count in half!
Oh but they do. [emoji6]

I am doing a bunch of cool sparkle effects (they don't show up in the videos due to the cruddy camera I have). I created layers in LSP with every sixth pixel, etc...

However, I will keep the grouping add an option... I am one of those people that doesn't like to make sacrifices, especially when I'm paying money for something [emoji14]

Louie

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Well... unfortunately I'm here to report more bad news...

I went out and split the display up into multiple zones. Zone 4 is for the megatree with 7200 channels, Zone 3 is for twig trees with 6000 channels, Zone 2 is for the tall palm trees with 4800 channels, and Zone 1 is for everything else which is 12000 channels... I tried running the "death sequence" as I am now referring to it (the sequence I worked on last weekend that has multiple different macros occupying specific time intervals which induced 100's of timing marks to be created by the LSP Sequencer).... I am getting the same immensely choppy playback.

For grins and giggles, I tried several different advanced configuration settings, none of which did anything. I went from the Periodic and Asymmetric setting of 30 and 0 to straight Periodic at 50msec, straight Periodic at 100msec, Period and Asymmetric of 50/0, 100/0, none of which did anything...

For additional grins and giggles, I also went through and configured the outputs to Multicast, also with a variety of Periodic and Asymmetric settings... none of which did a darn thing...

So, I am BACK to there being an issue with the sequence that I created... which is where I was a few evenings ago.... is there anybody on this forum that has a high channel count sequence that they could DropBox for me to try and open and look at? I have to see what everybody else is doing with their macros and timing marks...

ARW01: I tried the cut and paste approach quickly, trying to "lift" the patterns from the "death sequence" to a new sequence and just wasn't having any luck... It was due to the fact that the macro sections were 15-20 seconds and I couldn't get the copy and paste to work with such a zoomed out view to capture the whole 15-20 second section... and I had a real tough time with all those timing marks trying to get multiple cut and paste operations to line up nicely... I think I will have to try your approach starting fresh and just didn't have time to do that tonight...

-Louie

arw01

Full time elf
Tom Langley on the facebook group has massive channel count shows, i think he ran the FPP this year.

Cut and paste can drive you nuts, you can always just copy half or so and go back and do the other half, it does take a long time to scroll sometimes, be nice if you could collapse a controller and copy all it's effects!

I don't have massive channels, but I could take one of your big sequences and play it while I still have all my lights out there, but I am in pixelnet and you are likely all on dmx?

nutz4lights

Full time elf
I have a friend in town here that runs LSP and DMX output, and for some reason I don't think he was able to run my sequence properly to actually output to lights. I am not on Facebook, which limits me, do you think Tom would consider sharing a high channel count LSP sequence with me so that I can at least see what his timing looks like? Could you ask him?

Louie