So what Happens when you max out your F48?

Stkilda123

Apprentice elf
So i'm planning this years show, and i'm struggling to keep everything under the 1022 pixels per output. What happens next, can you put 2 F48's together? Or do you have to wait for the next Gen controller?

i13

Dedicated elf
It is possible for your display items to use more than one output so that they stay under the limit per output. If you run out of outputs then yes, it is possible to use more than one F48 in the display. If you're considering buying another one, there should be a new version released soon. See the details here https://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,13929/
Note that the new version is 700 pixels per output but more outputs supported.

For a small number of F48s, you can daisy chain them. This is why they have two Ethernet ports. They should each have their own IP address. For a larger number of F48s, a network switch is a sensible option.

Last edited:

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
So i'm planning this years show, and i'm struggling to keep everything under the 1022 pixels per output.
I'd like to ask about your layout and pixel count.
Are you near the maximum 16,384 pixels or is there just a few differential boards peaking at 1022 pixels a port?

Quick edit; 1022 pixels max per port is correct (from what I've been told by a Falcon master) but xLights will accept up to 1024 pixels max per port.

Last edited:

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/product/he123mk2/ 16 outputs at 1600 pixels each. You can add 2 16 output differential boards which are also capable of 1600 pixels each. 76,800 at 20fps or 38,400 at 40fps. You can run the whole lot differential if you really wanted to although you should get up to about 30m direct from the HE123Mk2 outputs with no effective limit if you used my Null Pixel Buffers.