Some help needed

egbert

New elf
Im at the next step and cant seem to find the info I need,
I have 4 Ren 16 (xmus) that i have used before all ready to go using vixen, but now Im hooked on getting some pixels going.

Ive ordered some from Ray Wu due in the next couple days and have got a couple e682's on the bench.
My problem is I cant seem to work out how to connect the Rens and the E682's in the same setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Skunberg

Full time elf
I would leave the Renards on serial and run another cat5 from your network card on the PC to the E682.
That would be the easy way. Or you could run one cat5 from your network card on the PC to a switch, from the switch one cat5 to the E682 and another to a E1.31 to DMX/Ren bridge, and feed your Renards from the bridge.
I'm sure there are other ways but this covers the most common and should either get you going or asking some different questions ... LOL

Brian

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The renards and the E682 use two different networks and protocols to work so they cant be connected together.
The E682 uses E1.31 and the Renard uses either renard or DMX depending on the firmware. So as suggested below either use a seperate network for your renards or buy a E1.31 to DMX/Renard Bridge.

egbert

New elf
Oh
That was too simple I will try that and see how I go

thanks