Some not so good news really

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Well, as some of you might know, work has a tendency to poke its head in, usually around this time of year and throw disarray my plans for Christmas Lights.

Well they have done it again this time, telling me Im moving house (again) This time to a state where there appears to be only 3 members living. NT.

As a result of not being able to settle in one location and not wanting to expose my beloved blinkies to the humidity up there, I will be looking at selling my entire display. Including controllers, my corro stars and mega tree.

Firstly, let me say, I am not leaving the community at all, just not wanting to have my blinky lights ruined through another big move and be exposed to a level of humidity i doubt Rays ip68 rating will actually prevent.

I will generate a list soon, and a price rank, however for those who have seen my display you understand basically what you will get.

I would prefer to sell as a complete set. If I cant sell it, I will take it with me, but.......... I would much prefer someone else get some use out of it.

Once I move back to a cooler state I will buy fresh lighting and rejoin the land of blinky.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Ok,

So a quick check to what is available for sale.

2801 12v Strip - total 60m worth.
2812B 5v Strip - Total 12 lengths of 120 pixels (4m each)
2801 12v pixel rectangular modules - lots.
2801 12v 3D corro stars - 8 (each with 4 modules inside)
2801 12v Candy Canes - 4 (each with 8 modules inside)

range of other strips and modules of the same chipsets.

over 120m worth of conduit (20mm)
4m high 2D mega tree frame
1 x Pixad8 (with 2 x 12v psu + enclosure)
1x P12S (with 2 x 5v psu + enclosure)

4 core cable,
Plenty of 4 core ray plugs.
heatshrink (9mm and 3mm)each on rolls with lots left
zipties,
ziptie brackets,
electrical tape

+ lots lots more.

Lost count of value invested so far, but it is easily more then $3 - $4k just on the lights and basics.

Looking for any serious offers, prefer to sell all at once, Inspections welcome.

PM me with offers. I hate to see this go into storage in Darwin only to still be ruined b y the next time I can use it.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Sorry to hear the news Matt.

Thanks so much for organising & hosting the mini this year.

All the best in the NT!

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
NT Mini. interesting.

Sad to hear Mate. Don't be a stranger.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
as I said, not leaving the community, when I get a chance to move back down to a cooler state, I want to be tip top ready to restart.. (hmmmmmm,,,,, plans are brewing already)

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Sad to hear the News,
even tho the adelaide members are jumping up an down in happyness, since your show wont be there..
Have you thought of storing the gear Matt, as we know your work will move you again in another year.
im sure there are pleanty of members willing to store your display on there house for a year. :D
best of luck

mborg10

Michael Borg
Another big move hey. What do you do for a living. Hopefully you can find someone to buy your display. Put all your cash aside as I'm sure when you move back there will be some new technology to splurge on.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Wow, just wow. You mean to say we've got to charter a plane up to the top of NT for the 'relocated' Adelaide Mini ;);)...

But in all seriousness, that would really suck. How long have you got left until you get your moving orders? I hope you get a chance to settle into one city/suburb soon enough...

mellowcouple

Full time elf
Wow Matt sorry to hear your news. Thanks for all the help you have given me. Good luck for the future and I hope you can get into lights again sooner rather than later.

Karob

Let there be Light!
Sorry to see the news of your departure from Radaleide.
Thank you for your infulence in the lightning community of South Australia, SA's loss becomes the NT's gain.
Your great assistance in the past 2 minis will not be forgotten, maybe we can rename the mini to the Central mini and have you fly down with the other NT members and create the biggest mini on the land.
All the best wtih the sale and the huge job of relocatng the family to the top end.
Rob

dale82

Senior elf
Gee that's a bit harsh of your company, from one end of the country to the other. But think of the end blinkies that you'll be able to create with all the time on your hands with having a break. Lol all the best in the relocation of your family and life. And don't be a stranger.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
since Matt has to move so much,
maybe he should be the roaming ambassador for CLAP australia wide..
cause you can be certain his work will move him to a town near you at least for a year.
so NT will have the next best mini..
Well done matt keep spreading the clap

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Sorry to here no lights this year. I am glad to hear your not leaving just doing what's best for you and your lights.

your job can be a thankless one some times with all the moving but I and I know many here thank you for what you do for us and our country.

look forward to seeing your new display when your able to get back to it Mate. look forward to also seeing you in chat when your able

arw01

Full time elf
How about putting your blinkie into water proof pipes etch (did that with pex at my place) and using some sort of spray coating on the rest? There are fellows in the states in massively humid areas that it pours buckets all winter that made it through..

Alan