Some Pixels losing their red color

Nick Cosper

New elf
benzor84 said:
i thought holiday c just resold ray's gear anyway.
I'm not sure if they do but the ones I got from them are definitely different. Appearance seems a bit higher quality based upon the soldering and components on the strip. Hopefully they do last a lot longer than the others. Put them up yesterday so I guess we will see...

The old ones were not solder problems. I went through numerous bad pixels and pushed everywhere, never helped any of the results.

Nick Cosper

New elf
Well the replacement strips from Holidaycoro.com have worked flawlessly since installed. About 2 weeks now (I was seeing plenty of failures in Rays by now). These strips are also definitely not product that Ray sells. He doesn't have these on the site and upon inquiry to Ray the strips I had are the only 12vdc strips that he sells (that are the same config). These new strips are much higher quality from the appearance and so far are standing up.

I am also very pleased to report that Ray has offered to completely replace all of the strips. Instead of sending me the same ones he is replacing them with a different type for use in next years display. Very happy and he saved me as a customer....

Thankfully my display is now working great and has been for over a week and my stress level has dropped to a normal human level :)

Nick Cosper said:
benzor84 said:
i thought holiday c just resold ray's gear anyway.
I'm not sure if they do but the ones I got from them are definitely different. Appearance seems a bit higher quality based upon the soldering and components on the strip. Hopefully they do last a lot longer than the others. Put them up yesterday so I guess we will see...

The old ones were not solder problems. I went through numerous bad pixels and pushed everywhere, never helped any of the results.