Songs you want to see deep six / trashed / fedup hearing

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Horses for courses.. We use some country christmas songs by Lee Kerneghan. These may not be such a hit in the city...don't know. Anyhow just pick the songs you like and the community will enjoy it. Lets face it we hear the songs over and over and over while programming but the public will only see and hear it a couple of times. There is no right or wrong, just differences in opinions making all our displays unique..

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
We are our own very worst critics

Most people wouldnt care and would be amazed by the lights and sound regardless of what song is used.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Fasteddy said:

Most people wouldn't care and would be amazed by the lights and sound regardless of what song is used.

I agree with Eddy. I had some people go past last night on foot. So there was no sound as I don't have speakers. I have used Geronimo and when it goes "say geronimo" I have the word "say" turn up on the matrix. Obviously this looks weird if you don't have any sound and you don't even know it is done to a song. They still loved it anyway, or at least they said they did as they walked away thinking I was some weird fool.

Bit of a side issue but I was expecting to hate all the songs by the time I finished sequencing them due to the repetition. I actually find that I enjoy them more as I learn the words. The exception was "Happy". I now hate that song as I know how few words are in it and how often they are repeated.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
BundyRoy said:
Fasteddy said:

Most people wouldn't care and would be amazed by the lights and sound regardless of what song is used.

Bit of a side issue but I was expecting to hate all the songs by the time I finished sequencing them due to the repetition. I actually find that I enjoy them more as I learn the words. The exception was "Happy". I now hate that song as I know how few words are in it and how often they are repeated.

I know what you mean by the song Happy as I just did a sequence for a client using that song and after sequencing it you really find that the song is very repetative

ShellNZ

Senior elf
I have WiW for the first time this year. Hating every second of sequencing it.

I have half of Let it Go and half of Happy. Dont mind Let it go but loathe Happy.

Still love my Katy Perry mix, over Sarajevo but doing it again as the crowd loved it last year.

Lovin Sweet Caroline but mainly because I try to picture 1000 people singing it at over 40dB and it puts a smile on my face ;)

Lost sol

New elf
Looks like I'm doing something different by using the song "everything is awesome" from the lego movie. My kids are excited about so I'm sure it wil go over over well.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I created a megamix/mashup of All I Want for Christmas/Last Christmas/I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday all over the top of the beat to Run DMC Vs Jason Nevin's It's Like That. It makes those unbearable songs just that more bearable. Plan to do the same for a few more traditionals to keep up the energy levels a bit.
Also, as Christmas Day is my daughter's 2nd birthday, the Mrs has insisted that Happy Birthday and lots of pink colours be in amongst the show ;)

Bird

LOR user
MarcD said:
I know this will start a war, but I'm going to say it anyway. Wizards In Winter! I get that it's a great song to write sequences for, but it's not a Christmas song and never has been. Christmas lights should be to Christmas songs and the occasional hit song to attract attention (eg Let It Go).

Flame suit on.
Not a Christmas song? :eek: I would have to disagree, I saw the show live, the song is part of an absolutely fantastic Christmas story/show that was told with music, and it don't hurt that it has a great beat.
Yes, I use it in my show and it also gets the most compliments, second only to my virtual Santa, I guess as long as it is loved by the viewers it will stay. All that said, I will admit I'm a little tired of hearing it when ever I have to go back in and sequence a new element etc. :D

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
ShellNZ said:
Still love my Katy Perry mix,

Our family still loves it too Shell. We watch it regularly. Although it's popularity was seriously threatened by marsh28's knife party at Halloween. Don't block him on facebook.

Wolfieee

New elf
Errrgghh, I'm sick of "All I want for Christmas" It was the first song I sequenced and took forever. My wife hates it to and will not let me put it in our show. I did find some very different mixes of songs that you may not have heard of. many hours of internet searching found a few good songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aflkTPiJqe8

Dave from boy in a band - he has some other Christmas mixes if you search for them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq_5sMbWvnc

331Erock does some great hardcore metal christmas mixes. Really good "Wizards of Winter" mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCvYlD-S4DQ

Good old Diddy Kong Racing Soundtrack always have some cool Christmas music for there snow tracks This one is my favorite !!

and or course there is always the 100's of Christmas techno mixes and kids dances mixes to be found littering Youtube.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
My kid keeps telling me to add in mixes from video games... like labyrinth Zone from Sonic or music from Mario

Told him I would do it if he came up with the music files. :eek:

-Blu