Sound Blaster Play 3 not working with K8-B and FM Transmitter

PeckLights

New elf
When I plug the USB Sound Blaster into the BBB USB port without the audio cable from the FM Transmitter connected. FPP will identify and install the USB Sound Blaster. The moment I plug the audio cable into the headphone port on the USB Sound Blaster FPP will only display "Audio Output Device Dummy". I have tried powered USB hubs and unpowered USB hubs.

Conrad

New elf
I had the same problem with my rasp pi. Once I moved my fm transmitter as far away as possible and put in on low power mode it worked fine. I believe the transmitter interferes with pretty much everything so as far away you can put it the better

Katekate

Senior elf
its interference coming down the audio cable and crashing the SB hardware.

you can move the fm transmitter further away, or you can try adding a ferrite to the cable.

tbm878

New elf
When I plug the USB Sound Blaster into the BBB USB port without the audio cable from the FM Transmitter connected. FPP will identify and install the USB Sound Blaster. The moment I plug the audio cable into the headphone port on the USB Sound Blaster FPP will only display "Audio Output Device Dummy". I have tried powered USB hubs and unpowered USB hubs.

Were you able to find a resolution? I am having the same problems right now with a similiar setup.

Thanks,
Tim

Javito

New elf
Hi,

I had the same problem. It was solved using an stereo audio isolator for car noise reduction, bought in Amazon for 12€. This solved the RPi problems. I also changed the power supply for another more stable to reduce noise when the music is not playing (the RPi seems to release the card audio and leaves it floating).

Regards!

joeyschinella

New elf
I had the exact issue last week, I reduced the power output from the transmitter to low power mode, and now working perfect. SB working with no issues