Spectrum Analyser Effect

mick8248

Full time elf
Has any one got any thoughts on how to generate a audio spectrum analyser type of effect in LSP? I have a couple of small roof matrices that I would like to apply this type of effect too.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
You could use something like windows media player and then capture the spectrum analyser effect in win media player to video. then use that video as a transition.

kane

Dedicated elf
Eddy's suggestion could work, but I'm guessing you were looking for the effect to reflect the audio. And having to do this in wmp and then get the timings right could be tricky.

I do remember it being posted as a feature request on the LSP site, but cannot seem to find it.. But I think it would be perfect as a macro effect..

It's been on my list of things to experiment with more myself in my own tool (which modified LSP files) to maybe do this - but time is getting the better of me!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I want a similar feature but mainly for generating timing marks in LOR. Vixen has a VU plugin and I've thought of using a couple of filtered audio files to process and create the different spectrum "marks".

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Alan actually mentions another way by using vixen and the VU plugin and then importing that into LSP

mick8248

Full time elf
might give the vixen plugin then import to lsp idea a go. For now I don't need it to reflect the audio directly. Have had a play with the audio spectrum sheild for the arduino using 2801 strips but won't have enough time to do anything with it this year.

arw01

Full time elf
Maybe with the new nutcracker and the german software you could do this and them import into LSP. I've always liked the beat sticks, and if you have enough items across the house with pixels, would be a neat effect with a guitar rift or so in a rock and roll christmas mix.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
You could use glediator and then record the effect in glediator and then import the file into X-lights/nutcracker and then from there to LSP