Spirals and other effects in lsp

ron d

Apprentice elf
All the tools and it's just simple two or three layered macros that have been in lsp since v2.5 are all that are used to create this.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KZM-8T6Ct1k

I'm going to try and get some time together and teach some classes again this year like I started last year and everything you needed to know about doing all of the effects in the video I had shared in some online sessions last year.

Anyway I your using lsp hopefully this gives you some idea of what it's been able to do since 2011!

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Thanks Ron. They look great.
I look forward to seeing a couple of setting screenshots of different macros merged together.
Sometimes I think there are too many options with macros in LSP and they do take a bit of playing with to get the
desired effect.

ron d

Apprentice elf
Almost only using LINKED macros (dont forget to check the box) and just using source and/source erase mixes. It depends what one is the source and what is the erase and also play with the order.

There is a link background image box you can click and play with as well. Link images, animations etc

But when linlking imagest or animations always use white. You can add color later. I think much of the way the tools work is how Nutcracker is linking and mixing effects as well. This has simply been the tool others seem to have pulled from. Forces me to either use those tool or figure a way around needing them!

arw01

Full time elf
Todd and I are collecting some of those effects you fellows come up with, he has a site with a few and I have a site with a few. Example of layering to get different colors and shapes in the Rotozoom example.

http://www.webbyhome.com/lsp_macros_examples.html

We will collect a few from Ron and the classes too if he's ok with that, but so far I have not found a nutcracker effect we cannot make in LSP. I will say the marquee tool has some issues in LSP and I may just import that from Nutcracker.

vincerules

Full time elf
Very interesting thread! Love the video ron posted.

Thanks for the website arw, I'll have to give those a shot this weekend to see what I can come up with

ron d

Apprentice elf
I just got done with something tonight that makes that look like i sequenced it using my elbows.
The marquee tool needs some work but I have made some strides there as well this year w/o needing to create video or manually do it. Any suggestions out there how to improve? I wont import anything for any tool as its just more time consuming then its worth for me personally.
HArd to share every secret I come up with but its amazing this stuffs all been here for 3 seasons now or since 2.5 and some folks just gave up too easy.

arw01

Full time elf
Agree the Marque tool needs some work, I still cannot get it to go full 10 lines on a matrix. Next year I think I will pull all the nodes and double the vertical resolution of it.

The ability to blend the text with all other macros can make it pretty amazing what can be done if you get it to render how you want to.

It seemed a couple of the sliders just don't work.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I agree with the marquee being a bit of a pita, For text i use matrix tool and draw my own to get very clear text, or else I use MS word and then use the image macro

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Oh good, I thought it was something I was setting wrong. I couldn't get the Marquee tool to produce anything close to usable. I'm sure it'll be fixed in the rewrite [emoji4]

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
ron d said:
....HArd to share every secret I come up with but its amazing this stuffs all been here for 3 seasons now or since 2.5 and some folks just gave up too easy.

I'm one of those who gave up last year (my first year in the hobby). More than willing to try again and appreciate the opportunity to learn.

Baf05

Full time elf
Is there a step by step tutorial on how to do these?

I would like to use them but have no idea