SRx2 Dual Smart Receiver Configuration

ArunD

New elf
Hi All,
Excuse the very basic question... just stepping into pixel control.:)
Recently purchased F48V4-NS controller and couple of SRx2 Dual Smart Receivers (V4.00).
Just wondering if I can use one SRx2 dual smart receiver as two separate 4-port dumb receivers?
My understanding is it can only be used as Smart A, B configuration, which only allow to address 4 x 1024 RGB pixels in total. Am I correct in saying that?

Thank you
Aruna (from Melbourne)

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi Aruna,

You would be correct. In 'dumb' mode, there's no way for the two 4 port "A" and "B" sections in the receiver to get different sets of data, so the ports will be mirrored.

Only in Smart mode can the ports be used independently.

In all modes, the single cat5 line from the F48 will only handle 4x 1024 pixels (at 20fps), the smart receivers just allow you to subdivide each into multiple pixel strings.

ArunD

New elf
Hi Aruna,

You would be correct. In 'dumb' mode, there's no way for the two 4 port "A" and "B" sections in the receiver to get different sets of data, so the ports will be mirrored.

Only in Smart mode can the ports be used independently.

In all modes, the single cat5 line from the F48 will only handle 4x 1024 pixels (at 20fps), the smart receivers just allow you to subdivide each into multiple pixel strings.
Thank you very much for the clarification.... 👍