1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Starting Early for A Great Show

Discussion in 'Backyard BBQ' started by Tallahassee Dreamer, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Tallahassee Dreamer

Tallahassee Dreamer New Elf

I contracted the deadly disease of CLAP about 5 years ago with my 4 channel Mr. Christmas and since I have taught myself to solder, program, sequence and most of all take advantage of the wealth of information that is put out there by ACL and the likes. This year I will introduce 3 new mega trees. One will be 20' Smart RGB and two will be 10' incandescent. I have been reading quite a bit lately and have received so much knowledge. Smart Pixels are new to me, but I jumped in and ordered 32 custom strands of WS2811's, 4 350W power supplies and 2 E681's and for dessert a Raspberry Pi. Thanks so much to all who contribute to make this hobby a reality to so many. And most of all thanks to those who ask the (Stupid Questions) those have been falter for some of the best education I have received here, and you have kept me from having to be the one to ask so many.

2. mararunr

mararunr Here to learn! (and share)

3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
    Find Me On:
    Couldn't agree more...as someone who tends to read more and just be around than actually post - I too appreciate the amount of knowledge imparted here. This is only my first year and I'm already getting praise from friends when I show them prototypes of what I'm building. Thank you ALL!

3. mborg10

mborg10 Michael Borg

As clap gets worse and worse you will realize that you don't start early cause really you never finish and just keep working all year round.

The 3 mega trees sound great. How many strands on the smart one and how many pixels per strand.

4. OP
    OP
    Tallahassee Dreamer

Tallahassee Dreamer New Elf

The Mega will have 32 strands. I am using WS2811's modified to 7 Meters to accommodate my 20ft tree. If I get it all figured out the two 10 footers will get smart pixels also. I have the 20 footer set up in the yard now doing a dry run so I have no surprises come November. I have a lot to learn, especially when it comes to programing so many channels.