Answered Step learning curve - missing models xlights 4

BallaratLights

New elf
Finding it is a steep learning curve on xlights .Have created a range of models in layout and saved them.Started sequencing and decided I needed to add a couple of polylines. Back to layout and drew lines and saved. Went to sequencer and could not find the two models I had just created.
Back to LAYOUT and they were still there but not they still did not appear in model list of sequencer.

Deleted the polyline models and tried replacing them with wreaths as placeholders. Same problem, wreaths appeared in Layout but not visible in list in sequencer.
Also a problem of disappearing groups. Have four arches which were modeled and added into a group AllArches.Later I wanted to use that group but could not see it on list. OK so maybe I did not create it? Tried to create it again and got a message that the group name already exists.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
Are you adding the models into your list? Aftar you add them to layout, go to sequencer, right click on a model, then edit display elements. Select them from the left side (available) then click the arrow to put them into added.

Also, are you using xlights 4?

BallaratLights

New elf
Where should they be in sequencer? Perhaps I am missing a window? Added models in layout then go to sequencer and the models I added do not appear there. They do show on House preview but dissappear on play as I have not added any timings.

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
Just confirming what version of xlights you are running as well.

(Trying to do this from work so images may not be right) Once you are in the sequencer tab, you should see all your models (arch etc like this image). Right click on one and bring up the pop up - select edit display elements.
Import_Effects6.png
You should then see all the models that you have not added to your view on the right-hand side. Select them and click the arrow in the middle to move them to the left-hand side (added). I hope thats what your issue is.

BallaratLights

New elf
Sorry having problems with screenshots as I do not use them often and I am running two monitors so looks a bit funny. will send two replies.
Your pic is what I would expect to see in sequencer but...

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    533.8 KB · Views: 19

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
pro tip - use Snipping Tool (in Windows Accessories folder) to do screen shots.
Brad's screen shot is of the next tab over from layout (tab you're screenshot of)

BallaratLights

New elf
here is the sequencer shot.I thought I had sent it already.There are no arches etc showing.

Thanks for the tip Oz Az I normally used GIMP to edit any images but it takes longer.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    120.4 KB · Views: 20