Still a little stunned

mmais68569

New elf
In my opinion it comes down to one word:

RESPECT

A lot of people do not have respect for anything they own much less others.

Just my thought.

Mike

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
This is quite a tricky situation working out the line between inviting and protection. Sometimes you need to alter thing as you go. Do what you need to do to make you comfortable with what is going on in your own front yard. Different areas need different protecting measures.. Most of all make sure you are comfortable so you can enjoy you display without the worry of damage.. Whether that be to your lights or your visitors.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I put up a couple of extra signs two nights ago, one on the brick wall saying No Climbing and another at the entrance to the property next to my welcome sign which said "Please No Running, No touching the display. Dancing and having fun encouraged. Merry Christmas". Now I don't know if it was the signs or just the type of crowd these last two nights but despite many excited children and the section packed with people, all were extremely well behaved with no concerns for me. Guess I will see what the next two nights bring. Fingers crossed.

Nobby76

New elf
We took the kids around town (Medowie) for a look at all the lights and for the one special street (Eagle Cl) in our town we got out and walked to properly take in the view. Was fantastic, kids enjoyed the slower pace and being able to stretch their legs, and being it was a Close we only had a short walk up and back. More people should do it!!

The only downside, seeing the car driving into the Cl with Mum glued to her mobile phone. Unbelievable that in such a high traffic/pedestrian volume area someone would be so ignorant and bury their head into their phone!!!

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Nobby76 said:
We took the kids around town (Medowie) for a look at all the lights and for the one special street (Eagle Cl) in our town we got out and walked to properly take in the view. Was fantastic, kids enjoyed the slower pace and being able to stretch their legs, and being it was a Close we only had a short walk up and back. More people should do it!!

The only downside, seeing the car driving into the Cl with Mum glued to her mobile phone. Unbelievable that in such a high traffic/pedestrian volume area someone would be so ignorant and bury their head into their phone!!!

Certainly from the comments we receive, the visitors, particularly the kids, really enjoy being right inside the display surrounded by bubbles, lights and being hit by the occasional fake snowstorm. The downside of course is having your property invaded by hundreds of people but the much much greater upside is the laughter, smiles and shear joy on the faces of the kids and the parents..