Storing your displays

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
David_AVD said:
lithgowlights said:
I wonder if that classes it as a Commercial display ::)

You've not seen my poor excuse for a display then? LMAO !

Yeah, but only by video :) Storage is storage, so as long as the gear is safe and secure then who really cares

burner

Full time elf
Mine is split all around the place. I've build shelving in my double garage which will hold the larger boxes (i.e. inside Christmas Tree, Santa's etc and some tinsel). My single garage has motifs and sleigh (pulled apart) and most lights. I have a glory box upstairs in the spare bedroom that also gets filled. I used to load it all up in the manhole, but haven't bothered for the last 2 years. Inside my manhole, I've put plywood flooring in a 3*5m area that's fairly open (in the middle of the roof). I should've put stairs in when we built.

I was actually thinking of putting in a shipping container underground a while ago (our block slopes down towards the rear) and burrying it, then welding in a door on a 45 degree angle with some stairs to get in/out. The cost for this is not that much, but the cost to remove that much volcanic rock is the killer here. I can't even bring in an escavator anymore, so most of it would have to be done by hand.