Strange behavior on pixel colors

WayneKremer

New elf
Hello all! I have a pixel tree with the strings running on two J1Sys ECG-P12R's and the star on a ECG-P2. All controllers have their own power supplies. Pixels are WS2811's 5V running at speed of 3000. Each string is it's own universe...and really everything works perfectly through the whole show except for this one song.

I'm using Nutcracker's fire effect to create fire on both the star and the pixel tree and pasted it all into my LOR sequence (which is clean). Sometimes the bottom part of the fire (which is supposed to be yellow) turns green and stays that way until the end of the fire effect. This doesn't happen every time...and it can occur during other parts of the song, but only when the fire effect is shown. The strange thing is that it happens on all J1Sys controllers at the same exact time (including the star). I increased my speed to 3200, but won't know if it will fix it until tonight's show. Has anyone seen such behavior before? Not sure whether to look at LOR or J1Sys.

Here is a video of the problem:
Pixel Issue

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thx!

Wayne

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Pixels "hanging" like that is often a symptom of a lack of voltage. I had a similar issue here. Things would hit a peak during a sequence and the pixels right at the end where I hadn't bothered with power injection hung and several stayed on red and a few did nothing. If the pixels in question are at the end of the strings I'd be looking at injecting some power. Testing with da_e131 and fading up until everything is white will often show issues. If power is lacking you will see pixels that are pink rather than white.

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Just a shot in the dark, but in xlights/nutcracker in the universe setup, make sure that your universes are set up to 510 channels each not 512. I've made that mistake before.
John

WayneKremer

New elf
The bottom of the tree is where the pixels start (pixel 1). On other sequences, I have all white turned on without problems, so not a voltage problem.

Each string is it's own universe and with 50 pixels each, they are set up to 150 in xlights/nutcracker. Those settings won't matter because I do a model export into LOR. I checked the export in LOR and it is clean. Sometimes it happens...sometimes it doesn't...and it happens in different parts of the song, so it can't be the sequence.