Streetrodder's Display (Parker's Christmas Light Show)

Streetrodder

New elf
Here are links to a couple of the songs in our display this year, thanks to everyone for your help. I absolutely love the DIY RGB area, thanks to everyone's help and input it is going great!!!

Christmas Vacation
https://vimeo.com/55945743

Carol of the Bells Techno
https://vimeo.com/55702004

We have 192 Channels of Light O Rama and 2700 Channels (P12R) on the RGB 16' Mega Tree, a little over 90,000 lights total. Let me know what you think.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Absolutely awesome, love it!!!

I look forward to doing what you have done, putting more RGB/pixels into my display so I can turn everything one color :)

Brill :)

Streetrodder

New elf
Unfortunately everything on the house and bushes are all single color strands, the only RGB I have is the Mega Tree as of right now anyway. If I had to start all over it would be way cheaper to go RGB than to buy individual strings of each color.

kel

Dedicated elf
work30.gif

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Excellent effort and a great mix of old LED strings and RGB pixels in the tree. It sure is an impressive display

Bird

LOR user
Extremely nice sequencing on such a large display.
Nice use of the mega tree, not overused, just right IMO :)
Very nice show indeed

Streetrodder

New elf
Thanks everyone for all the praise and comments, that means a lot coming from you guys. Especially when I see how unbelievable your displays are. Most of all I want to say thank you again, I know I have asked a lot of questions to get the RGB up and running but you have all been extremely helpful and knowledgeable, I could not have done this without everything you have done and I know everyone is appreciative of all the videos, links, and literature that everyone has put together to help teach us all of this. Now to go do some programming for New Years.

jerrymac

Apprentice elf
Question on your pixel tree. Have you set it up as a 180 degree tree? didn't see any pixels on back half. If it is 180 degree the spirals look MUCH better than I would have expected. Love it. Great job. did you manually sequence the pixel tree or use Nutcracker for some of the effects.

Streetrodder

New elf
Yes, it is 180 and yes I did use Nutcracker for some of my effects. It is a very good program, I highly recommend it. I had to play with it a little to check different spiral types to see what I thought looked the best. I may do the back side next year to get the full effect, because I do like the look when the spiral goes all the way around the tree.

dale82

Senior elf
What an absolute marvel! I love it! That is some mad as programming! Job well done. Congrats to you

dannyp

Full time elf
Excellent job. How many strands in the tree and how many pixels in each strand? I am going to build one but the one you have looks magnificent with the sequencing you have done.

Cheers