Struggling to set up a non-pixel arch in Vixen

Keldon

New elf
Hi All,
Trying to setup a simple arch with 3 segments in Vixen (latest). I have followed the docs article and accompanying Video Tutorial.
All works, however in my sequence i am unable to use the basic lighting effects, only the pixel ones, which i assume will not work for me as I use only a DMX Dimmer and 5v Silly Sollys lights 😂
Hope this screenshot helps explain my issue, note the empty box for the pulse affect however pixel affects work fine.
I have set up colour handling up correct (to the best of my knowledge anyway).
1726279689483.png
P.S I haven't had much luck finding any sequences online for my DMX "Megatree" (made out 20 dumb strings on a dimmer). If you know of/have any they would be greatly appreciated 👍👍
Thanks All!!!

Hi Both,
Thank you for the replies.
This is the window for the effects pulse.
1726285002895.png
I have set both the entire group to single colour as well as the individual lights.
Thanks again.

What color did you set for the entire group and the individual lights?They must match the color selected on the pulse.

It looks like you might have red green and blue defined but are using a off color blue for the pulse? Not a very good Vixen user here but I've always had to use the same colors as defined on the element on the standard effects.

Hi Mike,
I have set the pulse to the same colour as the lights are set to. The red green blue is a pixel affect, I believe my issue is that my arches are being treated as pixels instead of standard props.
From the instruction manual, they must be set to pixel to support multiple segments, however i do not no how i can then use any standard effects on them.
Cheers,
Keldon

@Keldon Are you just getting started, eg is 2024 your first display? The reason I ask is there are very few vixen users left in the hobby - everyone has moved to xlights. You might want to consider if investing time into Vixen is the right move for you or if it is an appropriate time to cut your losses and move to something you'll be able to get help/videos/tutorials/sequences for much more readily?

Hi Darlyc,
This is my 4th display. I would love to use xlights however my display is all dmx dimmer boards like the one from Hanson Electonics.
Do you find that Xlights is usable for DMX only displays? Genuine question, i would love some guidance here.
@Keldon Are you just getting started, eg is 2024 your first display? The reason I ask is there are very few vixen users left in the hobby - everyone has moved to xlights. You might want to consider if investing time into Vixen is the right move for you or if it is an appropriate time to cut your losses and move to something you'll be able to get help/videos/tutorials/sequences for much more readily?

Hi Darlyc,
This is my 4th display. I would love to use xlights however my display is all dmx dimmer boards like the one from Hanson Electonics.
Do you find that Xlights is usable for DMX only displays? Genuine question, i would love some guidance here.
I run a mix of vixen and xlights with my display, it was a huge move and took me a couple of years of getting everything ready.

I can run the DMX boards from Hanson Electronics just fine when using xlights, they're not hard to set up at all either. Standard pixel effects still work just fine too, so long as you define a colour to your string, and set the string type to "Single colour"
qO4Vm3V.png

Back