struggling with nutcraker/xlights

darylc

404 darylc not found
Hi everyone

Trying to get started this year. Having problem getting xlights/nutcracker to behave properly.

For example, if I have 1 display element (custom model), with 2 time intervals/rows then it plays fine in the nutcracker tab (including out to the lights)

If I play it in the preview window then it looks ok on the screen, but on the lights it turns on a heap of additional lights.

I'm at a loss!

Daryl

Edit: using version 3.2.3

It's almost as if changes being made in the nutcracker tab aren't being kept some how, even though I'm hitting save and re-opening in the preview tab. eg the extra lights turning on were quite possibly in the sequence before I started dumbing it down to try and troubleshoot from basics.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
darylc said:
Hi everyone

Trying to get started this year. Having problem getting xlights/nutcracker to behave properly.

For example, if I have 1 display element (custom model), with 2 time intervals/rows then it plays fine in the nutcracker tab (including out to the lights)

If I play it in the preview window then it looks ok on the screen, but on the lights it turns on a heap of additional lights.

I'm at a loss!

Daryl

Edit: using version 3.2.3

It's almost as if changes being made in the nutcracker tab aren't being kept some how, even though I'm hitting save and re-opening in the preview tab. eg the extra lights turning on were quite possibly in the sequence before I started dumbing it down to try and troubleshoot from basics.

could it be they were there before? Remember that the effect "none,none" does not mean to blank the display but instead means no nutcracker effects are generated, whatever was there will shine through. This was done so people could sequence stuff in LSP and then add in Nutcracker effects. The original effects would be allowed to shine through if you pick "None,None".

If you really want to blank out a section of your sequence use "Color Wash" with one color=B:ACK.

thanks

darylc

404 darylc not found
smeighan said:
could it be they were there before? Remember that the effect "none,none" does not mean to blank the display but instead means no nutcracker effects are generated, whatever was there will shine through.

Hi, thanks for your reply :)

Yes you seem to be on the right track. I suppose it doesn't seem entirely intuitive that if I add a model into my sequence and then later remove it, the settings I set on that model in the sequence live on in the sequence even though that model doesn't show in the Nutcracker tab anymore.

I'll play some more after halloween!

smeighan

Dedicated elf
darylc said:
smeighan said:
could it be they were there before? Remember that the effect "none,none" does not mean to blank the display but instead means no nutcracker effects are generated, whatever was there will shine through.

Hi, thanks for your reply :)

Yes you seem to be on the right track. I suppose it doesn't seem entirely intuitive that if I add a model into my sequence and then later remove it, the settings I set on that model in the sequence live on in the sequence even though that model doesn't show in the Nutcracker tab anymore.

I'll play some more after halloween!

you are correct, it is not intuitive. sorry

you create a model in a channel range, when you save your sequence, every channel as defined in the setup tab is saved to the xseq file. if you later decide you dont want a model and just remove it from your sequence, it does not blank out the old data. remember you could have had channel info coming from yoru original sequencer that matches our models. that is why "none,none" was meant to say "dont touch this data".

To blank out daa use Color wash with a color of black.

sorry for the confusion