SUCCESS 1 Tint tube arch

mick8248

Full time elf
Cheers, will get some and try it will leave some treated tubes out in the sun and see how they go.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Henedce said:
ԆцряєсϮ said:
Awesome job Henedce
I've got spare tubes if you need some.

Where are you located ? I could do with some more my source is running dry.

I'm in Botanic Ridge (Cranbourne Sth) but may also be heading up your way in the next week or two to do some bream fishin.
I have a couple of suppliers that I can get them from so I can get more if needed as well.

john_s_sub said:
What a great win!! Are you offering up a fee for service model to do other members tubes? ;) I would be keen and I think other members might be

[quote author=Henedce]
The biggest killer would be freight. I live in country Victoria and most couriers would charge you a cubic meter price for something so long. Australia post wont accept anything over 1.2 meters I believe. By the time you paid freight each way you could probably build your own unit.
Melbourne people I may be able to help as I have a freight network in place if you can get to certain areas. But then each form would have to be built to suit each individual size, Hmmm could become a daunting service. Not sure I have the time, my form took around 4 hours to complete. I do plan on building a form to do smaller arches next weekend to see just how tight I can bend the tubes.
[/quote]

I'm keen to see how your smaller ones work out!

Henedce

Apprentice elf
ԆцряєсϮ said:
I'm in Botanic Ridge (Cranbourne Sth) but may also be heading up your way in the next week or two to do some bream fishin.
I have a couple of suppliers that I can get them from so I can get more if needed as well.

I'm keen to see how your smaller ones work out!

Do you get over Dandenong way . If so I have a drop off point there freight free :)

But if you are coming down my way you could always drop in for a beer and bend some tubes up to take back with you.

Im hanging out to try the tighter bends . May even build the form tonight if the weather clears. My shed is kind of bursting at the seams atm.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Dandy I can do. Send me some details and I'll drop some off in the next couple of days.
I'm hoping to get up your way maybe next weekend or the one after.

Henedce

Apprentice elf
DougieB said:
Arch looks great!!I have the same issue as Kane, how do you do the leaps in LSP
Kane said:
very nice.

out of interest, what software are you using? Haven't spent too much time on it yet, but can't quite work out the best way to do leaps like this in LSP..

For testing I usually use Vixen 2.1.1.0 as I can set it to just loop 10 secs of sequencing.

Henedce

Apprentice elf
Got 2 1500mm tubes bent today. A lot harder than the bigger arches. I succeeded 2 out of 3 attempts.
I didn't quite get the form 100 % correct as you can see below the legs are not at 90 degrees. But I am still happy with them.

[attachimg=1]

And a quick show off :)

2012 Mini Arches

Attachments

• DSCF0875.JPG
    DSCF0875.JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 140

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
DougieB said:
Arch looks great!!I have the same issue as Kane, how do you do the leaps in LSP

Arch leaps can be done in two ways in LSP

1st way is to create in a single channel the look of your chase, so you may use 2 blocks, an on with a rampdown. Once you create the type of chase effect you then copy this.

Once copied you can then goto where you want to create your chase and hold down the shift button when clicking in the cell, this will give you an arrow which you can change the direction of the chase with, remove your finger from the shift button to allow scrolling, and thats how you create a chase.

the other way which really may not give the best outcome is to use the colour slider macro in LSP to create a chase.

kane

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Arch leaps can be done in two ways in LSP

1st way is to create in a single channel the look of your chase, so you may use 2 blocks, an on with a rampdown. Once you create the type of chase effect you then copy this.

Once copied you can then goto where you want to create your chase and hold down the shift button when clicking in the cell, this will give you an arrow which you can change the direction of the chase with, remove your finger from the shift button to allow scrolling, and thats how you create a chase.

Jees I love undocumented features. :)