Super mega annoying bug

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Firstly I have to say the Xlights is amazing and the developers are legends.
Now that the pleasantries are out of the way my rant begins.
Yesterday and today I have battled Xlights 4.2.24, FPP 1.5 on a BBB and P10 panels. After having DarylC log in and TV me like mad and deleting and reshuffling everything we managed to get a working combo with my panels. Daryl deleted all network setup, my model, fpp settings, the whole lot and we started with the P10's back down on universe 1 rather than universe 20. After we got it working we started back from where I was to get it going. Things broke again. :(
Just after then Daryl had to go get fed and then work on his own display. (Thanks again Daryl)
As I was under the pump myself I added my universe 20 setup again the way I had before. It was 30 universes starting at universe 20 and starting on channel 4625. This was all added with "on 1 output" ticked as it was on 1 output and it saved clutter. Because I had seen it working and the model was all new and had been working I tried deleting my "1 output" 30 universes and adding it as 30 separate universes. P10's came to life :)

Fault diagnosis for replicating.
30 universes from universe 20 and channel 4625 with "on 1 output" selected.
10 p10 panels in a matrix 2 wide by 5 high.
Fault is that universe 20 either doesn't get rendered or it doesn't get transmitted. It may be because channel 4625 doesn't equate to an even number of universes below it.

Love the proggy. Hate the bug.

Gilrock

Full time elf
I did hear about one other bug with using the "one output" option but that had to do with data layer imports not working when configured like that. Would be best to log it in our GitHub issues so we don't forget it since it would probably be next year before we could test this issue.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
No problems Gil. I just wanted it documented in case someone else got bitten and could possibly find a solution easier than I did.
I have a wishlist on the way with a few bugs in there as well which I will share after the new year when the pressure is off.

Gilrock

Full time elf
Yeah now that I'm taking time to actually sequence instead of writing code I'm finding some issues myself.