Superman's 2014 House Projection test

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
As some of you have seen I’ve been playing with House projection this year and I have spent this week testing it out.
The iPhone isn’t the greatest at recording and It is a bit hard to see with the video so I have included the visualisation as well.

This is in addition to some Christmas lighting that will be on as well. The Red Mapping lines on the House may or may not stay on the projection, I haven’t decided yet.
Enjoy
House Projection 2014
Visualiser

meerkat-simples.jpg

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Wow.. that looks wicked...
even the miss's liked it..
great work..
an thank you for taking an idea an running with it, you excelled yourself with this one

Superman

Global moderator
Thanks Alec. As you are well aware I started looking at this 18 months ago.

Karob

Let there be Light!
Well I think this will be the 1st post that left me speechless.
After watching the video I had to show the misses, who then sat and watched the full video with mouth open in disbelief in what she was seeing.
What a great job you have done Steve, I can only see one bad thing about this, she now wants it.
Fantastic 100 out of 10.
Rob

Superman

Global moderator
Thanks fella's. it was alot of hard work to get it to this stage. As I mentioned i've been chipping away at it for the best part of 18 months and it wasn't easy.

The very first thing I did was get the projector set up. the thread for that was here

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
Awesome job! Wish I had the climate to do something like this, but the cold of December would pop bulbs quicker than I could replace them. :'(
I know Halloween isn't as big in AUS as in North America, but you should consider making a Halloween show. Projection would be ideal for something like that...
Can't wait to see your final Christmas show complete with lights.
;)

Superman

Global moderator
DrNeutron said:
Awesome job! Wish I had the climate to do something like this, but the cold of December would pop bulbs quicker than I could replace them. :'(
I know Halloween isn't as big in AUS as in North America, but you should consider making a Halloween show. Projection would be ideal for something like that...
Can't wait to see your final Christmas show complete with lights.
;)

Already all over that one too Dr

scamper

Dedicated elf
superman said:
Thanks Alec. As you are well aware I started looking at this 18 months ago.
so if you give us all of your info then we can get ours done in time for xmas... good on you ::)

seriously though, that is awesome.
Unfortunately if I was to do something like that I would have the local drugies smash the box to steal the projector to flog off to bye more smack :mad:

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Steve, that has turned out great, can't wait to see it with lights ablaze :)