Superman's 2014 House Projection test

Lights are now a thing of the past. That is neat. I still can't work out though how the picture only shows up on the bits where you have the coro. How come it doesn't show up on the whole house.

BundyRoy said:
I still can't work out though how the picture only shows up on the bits where you have the coro. How come it doesn't show up on the whole house.
Just like Steve, his house is very special. :D :D
Very awesome work SM.
A lot of really amazing work there.

superman said:
photo.JPG

Tropical bungalow

comes prewired for Christmas

The kids cubby is feeling 2nd rate now Steve. Where's the love, where's the coro?

Wow...... just..........Wow!

I can't believe how well it has turned out!

You must be pleased.

This projection thing just tickles my fancy. It looks so great and opens up so many opportunities. After watching the mapping video I think I understand how it is mapped and then only projects onto the set areas.

What I can't understand is. Why isn't it showing up on the car parked in front of the garage door. Does it have to be a white surface for it to show. Sort of shows up on the mags some times. Confused!

I can also see Supermans kids now. "This screens not big enough Dad, can we watch this movie on the house".

Did I mention I think it's pretty cool.

Very cleverly done. Kids are certainly going to be camped outside your house this year.
SO... will it be a 3D video next year? :D

BundyRoy said:
What I can't understand is. Why isn't it showing up on the car parked in front of the garage door. Does it have to be a white surface for it to show. Sort of shows up on the mags some times. Confused!

The angle of the projector is offset to the front of the house. it is actually showing onto the front guard of the 4WD but as it is a Black car it doesnt show up too well.
The house doesn't have to be white but if you want a very bright result it sure helps. When I did the mapping drawing it was onto the standard bricks and you can see the lines.

SAM_0840%20%28Small%29.JPG

Awesome work Steve. My 3 and 4 year old girls love it. Damn you for making my girls love it cos now they want it. AAARRRGGGHHH! Now I will just wait 18 months for you to whip up one of those Star Trek style holo-projectors so the characters can walk around your front lawn!

Pircy said:
Awesome work Steve. My 3 and 4 year old girls love it. Damn you for making my girls love it cos now they want it. AAARRRGGGHHH! Now I will just wait 18 months for you to whip up one of those Star Trek style holo-projectors so the characters can walk around your front lawn!

That was a secret Pircy, don't tell everyone Mate.

Back