10:30 AVR Programming - Matt E
11:15 Coffee
11:30 PIC Programming - AussiePhil
12:15 BBQ Lunch
13:15 DMX Intro & Renard Comparison Matt E
13:45 Intro is simple LSP Sequence - AussiePhi
15:00 Show & Tell Workshop - ALL
17:00 Finish

No matter what the venue is, we will have good coffee as I will bring one of my coffee machines
The Show & Tell is open to discuss what you are doing this year, so please bring a real display sample Eg I will have my LED 48ch Mega Tree controller there.

For the topic of AVR Programming I will show:
* How to load the AVR Development system,
* Generate a simple C Program to turn ON & OFF an LED
* Load it into the Chip.
* How to program other controller files into a controller like the Trix-C

Cheers
Matt

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
For the PIC programming Topic

I can step through the Code for the new LED Strobe firmware and what settings can be changed to modify it's blink behavior.

I think this will be of interest and will give people an insight and look at a simple but useful PIC, the 10F200

Cheers
Phil

kool-lites

Full time elf
We have a location!

Fellow member Lytnin has organised the use of the Upper Hawkesbury Power Boat Club.
Located at:
Governor Phillip Park
George St
WINDSOR NSW 2756.

Google Maps

For lunch, Dave also suggested we chip in $8-$10 and organiae platter of meat and cans of drinks - Sounds good to me
As this will be organied prior please reply or PM me if interested

Full details are on diyc.com http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=103849&postcount=1

TimW

Full time elf

kool-lites

Full time elf
fasteddy said:
kool-lites said:

That's a long way to drive for a mini, all the way to the middle of the Simpson desert :D
In fact strange place for a motor boat club, are we using tents :D
So the moral of the story never Copy and Paste links.

This one works and is the REAL one - sorry got the confusion
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1+George+St+Windsor+NSW&sll=-33.599153,151.070249&sspn=0.033529,0.054159&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1+George+St,+Windsor+New+South+Wales+2756&z=16

kool-lites

Full time elf
I was talking to Dave Kenny, the organiser of our venue, this morning and the Venue sounds great. Dave will organise cold meats, Salads and drinks for Lunch.

Just a reminder, we kick of about 9:00am and will finish around 5:00pm. don't forget to bring an item to show off or talk about.

So see ya's there

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I would like to thank Matt for organising the Sydney mini, it was a great day for all and I sure walked out a wiser man from the experience. I would like to also thank Lytnin for organising such a great venue for the event plenty of space and it was the perfect place for the mini. His wife should also be thanked for making such a great lunch that we all enjoyed.

At first I wasn't sure if i was at the right place with all those vintage motorbikes that were there but it was just a rally that was organising to leave for the day, so we got to see some great old vintage motorbikes before we got stuck into it for the day. I think we all walked out today learning something new and to see the ECG in action was truly impressive.

Phil showed his strobe and pictures don't do justice to the size of the little things, I look forward to the challenge of putting them together.
The AVR and PIC programming was great and I now cant wait to get may hands on a PICIT3 as I feel a bit more confident after the demo. Show and tell was also great with all of us showing eachother something we had brought in and there was some great stuff that was displayed.

Well i hope that we can do this again next year as it truly was a fantastic venue and it was great to meet a few of the guys around the region.

kool-lites

Full time elf
So The Sydney Mini is done.
Yep the Venue was excellent - and as Fast Eddy said whilst it was some what confusing to arrive to a car park full of collector's bike, I am sure I wasn't the only one who sort wished I could join the ride.

SydneyMini1.jpg

SydneyMini2.jpg

SydneyMini3.jpg

Dave, you're a champ for arranging the venue.

SydneyMini4.jpg

Phil, my thanks to you for the LSP and Vixen demo.

Jpb, Daviddth, Lytnin, Wombat, Fasteddy & AussiePhil thanx for making the mini what it was, simply superb.

All that attended concluded to make this a common event at the same venue. The preferred timing is April/May so stay posted for the next one.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Thank you for the kind words gentlemen, it was a good day.

Here's a couple of bike photos i got.

Many thanks to Dave for the Venue - top notch, and to Matt for the organisation

cheers
Phil

Attachments

• _7256822-30.png
    _7256822-30.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • _7256817-29.png
    _7256817-29.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 6