Syncing faces to vocals in sequence

Teej710

New elf
Hi All,

Happy 2021. Lets hope it's better than 2020 !

I'm very new to the world of Xmas lights and xLights, but I think I've made a good start so far. I'm in the process of creating my first singing face in xLights. I've defined all the appropriate mouth movements, made a prototype board with 50 LED pixels to define the mouth positions. I'm currently building a sequence to lip sync the various faces to the song vocals, which is going well. However, this process is taking forever, just for a few seconds of singing, at a time. So my question is:

Is there an easier method to building a singing face sequence, other than defining every single face movement manually, for the whole song?

Any tips or resources to aid this process are much appreciated :thumbsup:

I apologise in advance, if this topic has already been covered.

cheers Teej

keithsw1111

Senior elf
You just need to place the lyrics and break them down. It shouldn’t take more than a few hours for a song and less with practice.

Gee Family Light Show

Emma- Light Em Up Sequences
Hi Teej,

As someone who has done many lyric tracks the best tips I can give you is take your time and make sure you have patience. At first it does seem to take forever by the time you put each word/song line in, break that down and then make sure the movement matches the word, but I have found that the more you do, the quicker it can become. Some lyric tracks can take me a couple of days- such as some of my Pentatonix songs- while I've done others in only a few hours. Start off with easy songs, and then work your way from there. If you have any questions or need some help feel free to send me a message :)

Teej710

New elf
Thanks both, for the advice. I thought this would be the case, but didn't want to put too many hours of effort in, only to find I was making work for myself unnecessarily.