Szoka Family Christmas Lights 2017

cdjazman

Full time elf
Nice work - wondering if you can post some pics of your jig you used for the conduit.

Dave_Szoka

Full time elf
Here is a Picture of my Jig... Very Simple.... Drill Press from Jaycar, the white clips are the conduit clips from bunnings which I cut down... The Hole of to 1 side is my 90mm mark... I placed the drill bit through the hole to line up the next hole...

Very simple.... but it worked..

IMG_6100.JPG

denno020

Apprentice elf
View attachment 11845 View attachment 11846 View attachment 11847 View attachment 11848
Here are a couple of pics showing the pixels mounted on my roof, from the street you really can’t see them during the day

Love the clean lines! I would be really interested to see some close up photos of how you've mounted the conduit if you have any? Especially of the ones following the roof line.
Also, did you pain the conduit? Or did you find some that was already black?

Great work :)

Dave_Szoka

Full time elf
Hi Denno

I don't have any close ups of the pipe mounted and I have pulled it all down for the year... i used Clips from Bunnings (Link) to mount 25mm Conduit to the roof.
I needed to panit the all the conduit black... Did a grey primer 1st then a black coat using cheap spray paint from Bunnings

I'm leaving the clips on my roof all year round... Will make setup very fast for 2018.. It took me about 25mins to pull down all the roof and store it...

denno020

Apprentice elf
Thanks for the reply szoka.

Does that mean you've just drilled holes into your roof? How does it go with wet weather, I assume you've siliconed?

How do you feel about having holes in your roof if you ever happen to move, do you think it would be an issue plugging them up?

Dave_Szoka

Full time elf
Thanks for the reply szoka.

Does that mean you've just drilled holes into your roof? How does it go with wet weather, I assume you've siliconed?

How do you feel about having holes in your roof if you ever happen to move, do you think it would be an issue plugging them up?

Yep just drilled into my roof... a drop silicon as I put in the screw...
At this stage not moving in the next 5 plus years... worry about it then

Ellis

Naughty Elf
Well I have started on the enclosures for my Falcon 4-String Differential Receiver Boards. This year I'll have 2 enclosures with 1x12v power supply, 1x differential board, 1x F8 distro. Cases are from Supercheap Auto.

Still need to add vent and fan...
View attachment 11257
View attachment 11258
Hi Dave,

Any chance you could post a pic of the Toolpro case with your fans and vents done?

Cheers!

Dave_Szoka

Full time elf
Hey @Ellis

Here are a couple of photos

The fan on top was a last minute add.
I’m mounting better this year

13F12523-A460-41D1-BCFE-AB90310AD9F3.jpeg 00020331-715C-4BE2-9439-31F5CBF1A272.jpeg