Talking Trees Sequences causing upset.

Gerald

New elf
Can I attach the fseq file ? or how would I send my sequece for you, The only part of the mouth which moves on the singing tree is the top lip,and a few of the nodes on the left hand side of the mouth from the top lip
The outlines are all there and the eyes seem to work fairly well
When I import the zip file I have tried various mapping items from Logans file to the available ones on the GE tree with varying problems.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
There is a simple way to do this. With the sequence open, be sure you've saved, then on the tools menu, pick "Package Sequence". The resulting file is what I'd look at, so I'd see the same thing you do. A reference to the original .zip might help because then I'd know what it's supposed to do.

So a brief review of the file details, if you're curious.
.fseq files are just the pixels output over time, based on your layout and controllers, so they are very hard to work with and please don't send that.
The .xsq file is the sequence, so that is the most important bit. Your layout files (xlights_rgbeffects.xml, xights_networks.xml) show the context of how it's put in the display and how it's connected to the controller. The zip from "Package Sequence" has all that, plus media files and shaders and anything else the sequence needs (those get put in _lost folder).

Gerald

New elf
Hi

The original zip files came from the X Lights shared google drive folder and are in the "intro" section, there are 4 parts and I have attached the first package sequence as requested.

Thanks for the explanation regarding file attributes ( I shall copy and paste these into my ever growing note book on X lights info)

Attachments

• Talking Tree Intro.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 16

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Ah, OK, it really is just that sequence :-D.

I have a short answer and a long answer. And I don't want to spoil too much of your fun. So stop reading this post when you get far enough along.

The simple thing you've got wrong is you are applying the face effect to just the mouth submodel, not to the whole prop:
TheMistake.png

I played with this a little bit, I just hit "Copy Row" from the "Mouth 1", and then "Paste Row" on the "GE Singing Xmas Tree" row, which helped immediately.

I then went on to do some other refinements. I would have left off the 2nd layer of "Mouth 1" effects. With them in place, you see a (usually green) mouth there all the time when it's talking. So I deleted that. You want to drop off the Mouth 1 face lyric track, but I found leaving the color effects on there was good, because then it smiled different colors the whole way along. So in the end I had this sequence, which I thought looked reasonably good:

Resolved.png

Finally, you have one of your mouth definitions as red, and the others white. This bothered me more than it would most people. I'd make them consistent, all red, or all white, whichever you prefer:
ColorFix.png

The above is all based on the approach that you use one face prop with face effects, and then override some of the colors by applying effects to the submodels at different times. There is a second upload on gdrive, entitled "Talking Tree Intro 1 - Updated--Logan Carpenter edited--Jay Danielson" that takes a different tack of defining more than one face, and changing which face as it goes along. The "more than one face model" approach is the one I used for Clark because I wanted the face to get grumpier. But you'll have good luck just refining the approach you've already got.

Gerald

New elf
Well I think I followed your help correctly , however now both trees are using the same dialogue and not arguing with one another, I have attached a zip of the sequence

Attachments

• Talking Tree Intro.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 8

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Other than that you must have done copy / paste from the wrong track (which is how they ended up the same), I think you did everything right.
You can either try doing it over (making sure you copy from Mouth 1 rather than the other tree), or you could cheat and take this one (which I got by importing effects from the first one you sent).

Attachments

• Completed files.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 16

Gerald

New elf
Hi
Just an update to put this one to bed , I have now re-done all 4 segments using your very helpful tips and they are all now looking good , (will have to see how the crowds react in December)

Thank you again for all of your time and help it is much appreciated

RPerez43

New elf
Where can i find the whole skit? I would love to run this for the local kids. I'm running my first show this year and would like to incorporate this into the show. The completed zip doesn't have an MP3 file

RP1914

New elf
Hello
Check the source material in the xlights gdrive.
Start Here: https://xlights.org/resources/
Click: Google Drive – xLights Models
Click: Free Sequences
Click: Intros
You'll likely find 2 versions of that skit, and 3 more parts in there.

I'm new here looking to get the full sequence for my megatree and singing tree. Anyone happen to have it available? I tried downloading the sequence but I am having difficult time on getting a face to show on the megatree. Anyone with the sequence can you please send me a private message thank you