Target model changes?

WayneKremer

New elf
Sean,
I'm new to Nutcracker, but learning quickly. I went through the tutorials and went to create a model megatree only to notice that it no longer asks for the details of the tree (i.e. height, width, distance between strings, etc.). Did you make this change on purpose? If so, will it impact the overall effects? Thx!
Wayne

smeighan

Dedicated elf
WayneKremer said:
Sean,
I'm new to Nutcracker, but learning quickly. I went through the tutorials and went to create a model megatree only to notice that it no longer asks for the details of the tree (i.e. height, width, distance between strings, etc.). Did you make this change on purpose? If so, will it impact the overall effects? Thx!
Wayne

a month or two ago i had an aha moment. I used to prompt fpr 12 things (spacing between pixels, height and width of tree .etc.

Those 12 questions got distilled to 5.
I basically just need the number of strings, the number of pixels on a string. How many strands each string will be made into and whether u want pixel 1 to always start at the bottom of the tree.

I create my own dimensions (3" spacing, calculate the height from the pixels. Set width to 1/2 of height. Now my target allows me to match effects onto the tree. You can take my output and have a tree that is 1' high and squashed or have a really tall tree only a few centimeters wide at the bottom. My effects work no matter your topology.

I just needed an internal standard in x,y,z space. BTW, this also means my effects are totally interdependent of the target topology. This means you can share effects between users.

so go ahead, and build your tree with the 5 prompts, everything will work out.