technicolor pixels and E682

jck46

New elf
I just recieved my technicolor pixels and trying to test them with the 682 seem to have a data issue either i get no lights only the first light or all white on different strings can anybody help thanks

kane

Dedicated elf
jck46 said:
I just recieved my technicolor pixels and trying to test them with the 682 seem to have a data issue either i get no lights only the first light or all white on different strings can anybody help thanks
First thing I'd suggest is to post screenshots of all your configuration screens, photos of how you've hooked it up (in particular the wiring of the pixels to the controller), and details of how you are testing it out (ie which software you are using etc)

It'll most likely be a small thing, but obviously we're flying blind without some more info!

jck46

New elf
sorry mis communication on the wiring of the pigtails sent to me with the strings after losing a couple of pixels got them working

nutz4lights

Full time elf
When I received my first Technicolor string, I tried wiring it up the way Ray had it diagrammed on his website... and experienced the same thing you did... I ended up having to cut one or two pixels off and wire that string up completely different than he had it on his site to get it working... Is there an agreed upon wiring diagram? Did Ray's diagram work for everybody else using these?

jediknight2

Full time elf
Also, I have a friend that bought some technicolor and they kept freezing on him, they had worked prior to that just fine. He brought the string over here, tested fine. He took it back home and started a test sequence and it started fine, then locked up. Ended up being the FIRST pixel, he just happened to bump it and it would flicker and the other lights would start working. Power was there, so it was the data line on that first pixel wasn't connected. I think the technicolor pixels have been developed with us in mind, however, without some extra quality control they are going to have problems here and there. Heck..I spend an hour tracing down an issue with one of my INCANDESCENT strings today...so no matter what, if your doing thousands of lights, whether it be incandescent or RGB pixels, I guess you should expect strings with issues.....part of the hobby I guess.