Temperature monitoring with P12S

viennaxmas

New elf
While assembling my controller boxes, I started wondering about possibilities to monitor the temperature inside the boxes. I have 2 x 5V 350W PSU + the P12S in a single box and as it stands right now, I would be running both PSU's at half load (36A each) and I started wondering about thermal problems / overheating.

Long story short, I have been trying to find a easy remote solution to monitor the temperature in the enclosure. I do assume that the P12S does not have a temperature sensor built in, so I thought if it would be possible to use a DS18B20 digital thermal sensor (or something similar).

The DS18B20 uses a serial protocol which can be queried and I use them in other applications.

My idea was to add a third mode to the DMX ports which would allow connecting a DS18B20 to one of the ports. When selecting this mode, the web interface could then display the temperature of the connected sensor.

In addition, it would be great if the temperature could be queried either via http get or via REST / SOAP which would allow to build a monitoring solution for multiple P12S...

Just an idea...

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Nice idea

The pixlite controller has this ability built in which i have found to be very handy.