Test pattern bleed during use - v2.0a

BillInSoFL

Apprentice elf
I just setup some lighting for a Memorial day pool party. This is the first time I'm ever actually using my ECG-P12R in production. My dip switches were configured as 0001 and I noticed some intermittent flashes (bleed-in) while my programs ran.

I increased strip bandwidth from 1000KB to 1500KB with no noticeable difference. Then I finally noticed what looked like the test pattern bleeding through so I then decided to disable the test pattern (0000). Once I rebooted the controller everything was running beautifully.

Is this a known issue? I can certainly run with it disabled, but like having the test pattern so I can diagnose issues when there is no signal.

Thanx!

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
it is not an issue. that is the implied design. the test pattern is generated once every second and is forced into the output buffers.

if run while traffic is arriving it will show as a flashing once a second.

-Ed

BillInSoFL

Apprentice elf
Noted. Thanx for the speedy replies! I have 1 - P12R and think it's awesome. Driving pixel for my memorial day pool party and my Christmas show. I'll post pictures and video shortly. I plan on buying a few more P12R's or possibly some of the newer controllers in a couple of months.