The ACL 2015 VIVID Festival Proposal - ACL Community Project

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The Vivid festival is getting larger and larger each year and each year the Sydney mini coincides with the Vivid festival. After this years walk through Vivid we all thought how we could do something special ourselves as a community as we have a large range of talented members with varying experiences that can help from getting a proposal in to concepts, design and installation.
So this thread is an interest thread for members who would be willing to help get this community project into Sydney Vivid festival.
Please download the tender brief which will give you a very good idea of what can be done and where and then we can start throwing some ideas together.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C20A39401418E2D8!2737&authkey=!AClnL5S6FXnnB78&ithint=file%2cpdf

I think this will have to be in by mid September so we don't have a great deal of time to get this proposal in, but this will be great opportunity for the community to show of its creativity and skills.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Id definitely be interested in having something I had created be in Vivid. I'll throw my hat in the ring along with my Drafting skills. I have extensive experience in 3d and 2d Autocad.

My thoughts would be something in the Light Sculptures & Installations.
Its not christmas but we are a christmas community. A 2d ray tree could be mounted up high to the side of a structure or a 360 pixel tree on a podium.

One of the ideas I have been playing with is having some custom built perspex/acrylic balls approx 1m in diameter and having CNC 12mm holes cut into the shell to hold pixels. Maybe 1000 pixels per ball. These could be seen as christmas baubles or even disco balls. We could have different size balls and have them suspended over a walkway.

We have to be aware with Vivd about reliability, waterproofing and safety.

westy27

Apprentice elf
I have never been to vivid yet as I have always been overseas but love the pictures etc so this may already be part of vivid.

What I have always thought about is a sculpture of multiple cyclinders, all different sizes in a area maybe 4m x 4m. Talliest cyclinder maybe 3M high lowest about 1M with 10-20 all up.

Have the cyclinders filled with RGB pixels and have soft colours scroll through them. Have a touch sensitive layer on outside so when a child touches it, it goes a darker colour (heat map sort of thing) and also plays a note of music. So if you have kids on all the columns they are creating there own music and own light show.

Does this make any sense? Not really christmas-ie but would be fun for the kids none-the-less.