The day my pixels broke

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Looking at the strip, it appears to me that both the 5v line and the 12v line run the full length of the strip. They are both soldered at each join. (ie at each of the 1m joins the 12v is soldered to the 12V, 5V to 5V, DO to DI, GND to GND). I assume this means they must run full length.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I'm now trying to set up my power injection so that the voltage to each strip is more uniform. I am going to set it up so that there is power injection every 2 strips (6m or 180 pixels). This means I have 5 injection points. My hassle is I have 3 x 2.5mm2 cables running to the tree. I figure this is enough cable to only have a small voltage drop if I can share the load evenly across the 3 power cables. Is there an easy way to have 3 cable come to one point and then have 5 cables go out. Sort of like a common rail I guess. Needs to be waterproof.

I would just run 5 cables but this is all I have on hand and I think it should do the job if I can make it work. By my calculations the 900 pixels require 20.8 Amps in total. That is based on 250W total at 12V.