Closed The end of AusChristmasLighting Falcon buys

darylc

404 darylc not found
Hi Everyone,

I'm sad to announce that I won't be running Falcon pixel controller buys in 2021 or beyond.

I initially started donating my time to run these so that Australians had access to Falcon pixel controllers. At the time David Pitts had no interest in shipping outside of the USA.

When I first started back in 2015 a bulk buy might be 10-20 controllers. Since then its expanded to include multiple controller types, multiple expansion board, receivers etc and the number of people wanting in on the buy has gone through the roof. It takes a huge amount of effort to respond to all of messages, track payments, unpack, program, test, repack & ship them all. It's at the point where I either needed to turn it into a business or stop doing them. I've decided that my time and effort can be better spent elsewhere, I sure won't miss all the trips to the post office!

Pixelcontroller.com will start shipping to Australia sometime in 2021, so you will still be able to access the boards.

I am selling off the remaining controllers I have in the members trading area:

Thanks for your support & best of luck with your 2020 shows!
Daryl

Last edited:

Bryan H

Bryan
This have been a great service you have provided the members with and a thankless time consuming task at times. Thanks for all the time you have invested in doing this.

BooY

Topper Man
Thanks for all the effort you put in Daryl, was glad to of gotten the F48s and smart controllers in the last buy.

Cheers

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Thankyou for your service in distributing these Daryl.
I can picture in my head the boxes full of differential boards and shelves of Falcons on Zoom.
The workload looked to be large and unfair on yourself for volunteer work, I'm happy that you've taken a step back.

Thankyou for my F48 in last years buy. It has a special touch from you that I won't get from Pixelcontroller LLC.
Fingers crossed that David will ship to NZ as well.

bpratt

Senior elf
Thank you Daryl for all the effort you have gone through over the past several years.

I appreciated you being there last year when I first got in to pixel lighting, and providing us and many others with F16's, F48's, and smart receivers you sent out without us having to muck around with going directly to the USA.

Thanks again !

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Well done for putting in your time and effort to getting the Falcon gear out to the Aussie masses.
The link goes to this thread rather than where it was meant to go btw.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Thanks for all your hard work Daryl, a true legend of the hobby sharing your time and resources with all of us. Thanks again

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
I am like others and very grateful of your efforts with the Falcon controller bulk buys Daryl which has allowed us Aussies / Kiwi's / Taswegians access to the awesome Falcon controllers.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Thanks Daryl for the tireless work you've contributed to the ACL community with not only these very helpful bulk buys, but also support and assistance to those who have encountered issues or setup troubles.
Thanks also to yourself & David for your generosity by providing Falcon boards and products at no cost for a number of minis over the years. There are many happy members who's displays are no doubt functioning today because of those lucky prize wins.

Dez

Fueled by Christmas - Inspired by You!
Thanks mate for spending hundreds of hours doing this. We all appreciate it very much!

StuartW

Apprentice elf
Thanks for all you've done for the community over the years.
I remember those first group buys, I still have my original F16V2 Blue boards that still work just fine but are only used for emergencies these days.