The M24H is dead, long live the M32

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
Greetings -

I've been tossing around the product M24H/M32 in the last few day without explaining it. I'm sure most have figured some of it out but some may have been a little worried about what it means for them.

After re-working the DR4 to use the faster PIC32MX chip I have decided to 'discontinue' the M24H and replace it with the M32. DON'T BE ALARMED!!!

We will still be shipping and supporting the M24H for the next couple of weeks. DON'T BE ALARMED, WAIT FOR THE GOOD NEWS!!

Once we have tested and received an adequate supply of M32 units we will be shipping a free replacement/upgrade to all purchasers of the M24H (either independent or in the DMXRen8 kit)

We feel that this is the best path to take and are willing to bite the bullet and go to this expense to eliminate the need to support the dual architectures in the future. It will be a simple un-plug and plug-in upgrade. You will lose your configuration info and have to re-configure the new unit upon receipt.

Please don't let this stop you from ordering DMXRen8 or stand-alone M24H units to test MPH's new Pixtail when it comes out. We will be upgrading all M24Hs by the end of October.

-Ed

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Great support there Ed, As with everything electronic things become supersceded and new goodies come out with more power for a similar price. Its only a good thing and you have stood behind your product, great work Ed

mrpackethead

Full time elf
Please don't let this stop you from ordering DMXRen8 or stand-alone M24H units to test MPH's new Pixtail when it comes out. We will be upgrading all M24Hs by the end of October.

-Ed

And don't panic, the pictail will work with either the 24 or 32.

j1sys

William -

Please see other ECG threads. We are accepting orders now and expect to ship Oct 4th.

Please see www.j1sys.com for photos, pricing, and ordering info.

Ed

Rob

New elf
ED. I would still like to see your C code for the M24H mainly for the ethernet stack interaction with the pic code. I have read all the papers on Microchips web site but still can not quite get my head wraped around it.

Thank You
Rob

j1sys

Rob -

The preliminary code was posted in Reply #26 in the main thread in this area: EthConGateway - LSP/Vixen/DMX/Renard

The source/binary have not been updated/frozen very cleanly as I rushed to get these things into production. We are releasing v1.3 code week after next in concurrence with shipping the DR4s. Then the source code will be archived in synch with the binary (I hope).

Take a look at the code. It is deceptively simple looking but complex to understand.

-Ed