The reason for doing this can come from the strangest places...

caffeine

Full time elf
One of my obsessions is a geolocation game called 'ingress'. I shared one of my videos on G+ to my friends from that game and got the following back from a lady all the way from Adelaide:

Good morning Lyndon I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your incredible work making your Christmas light exhibit. It's mind blowing!! Congratulations!
I also want to tell you I have shown all my clients at work and they loved it..
One of them especially was very moved by your video..
He has Down Syndrome in his 50s and had never left home and lived with his Mum and is non verbal. Mum died and now he is alone and only has us to care for him. I think mum must have made a big deal of Christmas as he reacts excitedly about anything Christmas and we found a photo of a Christmas gathering with him and Mum. Anyhow when I showed him your video he was so happy and wanted to keep it and took my iPad to his room. His reaction to what you did was something words will never describe! I wish I could bring him there . Just know you changed a life for a period of time that we have not reached in any way before. Thank you.

There are times every season when I wonder whether it's worth the time, money and effort... and every year through one tiny thing I sit back and think 'Yup'.

For fellow clappers regardless of how many people visit you NEVER know what it may mean to just one random stranger, and you may never find out... but even if you only have a dozen people stop there's a good chance you will make someone's Christmas.

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
caffeine said:
One of my obsessions is a geolocation game called 'ingress'. I shared one of my videos on G+ to my friends from that game and got the following back from a lady all the way from Adelaide:

Good morning Lyndon I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your incredible work making your Christmas light exhibit. It's mind blowing!! Congratulations!
I also want to tell you I have shown all my clients at work and they loved it..
One of them especially was very moved by your video..
He has Down Syndrome in his 50s and had never left home and lived with his Mum and is non verbal. Mum died and now he is alone and only has us to care for him. I think mum must have made a big deal of Christmas as he reacts excitedly about anything Christmas and we found a photo of a Christmas gathering with him and Mum. Anyhow when I showed him your video he was so happy and wanted to keep it and took my iPad to his room. His reaction to what you did was something words will never describe! I wish I could bring him there . Just know you changed a life for a period of time that we have not reached in any way before. Thank you.

There are times every season when I wonder whether it's worth the time, money and effort... and every year through one tiny thing I sit back and think 'Yup'.

For fellow clappers regardless of how many people visit you NEVER know what it may mean to just one random stranger, and you may never find out... but even if you only have a dozen people stop there's a good chance you will make someone's Christmas.
i often think the same thing, whether its all worth it and its a definate yes. Just seeing the look on the kids faces and adults for that matter and knowing you have brought some joy to them, no matter what their circumstances, makes me happy doing what i do

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Its a great feeling when you touch someone like that with the work you have done. Its a special thing we do here and that is we help create memories for a life time. There are not many hobbies that can give back to the community like this does