The Verdict - ECG-P12R

wbottomley

One Light Too Bright
What's the verdict on this pixel bridge? Good, bad, ok... I haven't seen any opinions on it.

All of these fun toys coming out only makes life more difficult.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I ran one last year and intend ordering 2 or more additional ones for this year. It is simple, does all the Pixels I need, and is small - I packed it into a tiny box with a 5V supply, but this year it's getting an upgrade to run a mix of 5 and 12V pixels off the same board.

Ed has mentioned various versions of this P12 type board are in the works for the future, and one may be more sorted to pixel screens compared to the P12R, but until they come out I'm happy with this board...

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The web based setup interface is far better to use than the command based interface of the E68x, with the E68x controllers you have to remember the command names or reference the manual to set up where as the ECG series is web based and pretty straight forward.

I havent heard of anyone having any issues at all with their ECG-PIXAD8 or ECG-PR12 controllers. They seem to be built rock solid

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
wbottomley said:
The thing I see, it does not support TLS 3001 nodes. Only WS2801, LPD6803, and TM180x.

Yes i agree with you there, the current shortcoming is the lack of pixel type support compared to the E68x. Ed has mentioned adding support for these as well as GE strings but until that actually happens then there is no use discussing it.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Yep, as Eddy said, while it is supposed to be offered in the future, only a small set of pixels are supported at the moment. For me thats not an issue, but for others it will be

wbottomley

One Light Too Bright
I'm not ruling it out. I want to keep my options open. Having a closed mind will never achieve anything.

But... thank you for the info. I may get one to play with since it's highly recommended here.

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
TLS3001 working in the lab. release coming soon. working on GECE next.

wbottomley

One Light Too Bright
j1sys said:
TLS3001 working in the lab. release coming soon. working on GECE next.

Great news Ed. I'm looking forward to seeing the results. I guess it will be time to rob the piggy bank again.