The winter solstice and the true meanings of christmas

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
That's a great read. The only thing missing is some sort of reference to flashy, blinky lights and holiday music.

lithgowlights

Senior elf
Generous elf
OK I skipped reading as I thought it was going to be a whole load of religious stuff, but after AAH's comment I thought why not. I knew much of the history, but there are a few new things in there I was unaware of (The mistletoe and Holly references were new to me), so thanks for a very refreshing read.

bbayjohn

Senior elf
lithgowlights said:
OK I skipped reading as I thought it was going to be a whole load of religious stuff, but after AAH's comment I thought why not. I knew much of the history, but there are a few new things in there I was unaware of (The mistletoe and Holly references were new to me), so thanks for a very refreshing read.
I dont think to many christians would believe much of this and may even offend them.

AAH said:
That's a great read. The only thing missing is some sort of reference to flashy, blinky lights and holiday music.
There was a tiny reference to decorating trees And some ref about evergreen and mistletoe but I guess electricity came much later..