Think your street should be featured on Best Aussie Christmas Street?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Best of luck im sure you will do yourself proud. Now you will have to get ready for the hoards of cars and people that will now invade your street :eek:

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Good luck - will be able to say "I know that guy from the board!" . . . . and still get no reaction because everyone thinks we're nuts. ;) Hope you have fun showing off your hard work.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Congratulations to Geoff today in his efforts to pull this all together in a short time before filming.
David and I went there today to have a look and as expected you have outdone yourself again Geoff.
Even though the hoards of grand children you had there have all seen poppies display before we could tell that they were still your biggest fans.

Congratulations and well done.

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
It has been an interesting day being involved in my first shoot. It wasn't til it was all over and the crew and family had gone that I realized just how much nervous energy I had expended. I will sleep well to-night.

The crew (producer, cameraman and sound man) were all locals from SE Qld as was the show host Matt Hayden. The crew arrived about 1PM and shot various locations inside, computer, outside by day with pretend adjustments etc. My family and relatives arrived about 5 as did the host. I had previously told my kids that they were looking after feeding the crowd. They did a marvelous job along with my family. The family and neighbours who also turned up provided a most enthusiastic crowd as we scheduled lights on at dusk with several takes of crossing the street and reacting to lights on etc.

All worked well and there were no technical hitches (apart from me forgetting to turn on the stereo for the outside speakers). I think the lights looked good, but then I am a little biased. It will be interesting to see what (if any) ends up in the show - Lifestyle Channel early Dec I believe. Time for bed, I will sleep well.

Regards Geoff

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Glad to hear it all went well for you, now you can relax while the rest of us go crazy with setting up

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
While I have not heard anything further from Beyond regarding their program, "Christmas Lights Spectacular", I just checked the Lifestyle site and found the program info & planned air dates listed below. http://www.lifestyle.com.au/tv/christmas-lights-spectacular/
Geoff
=========================================================
Matthew Hayden takes us on an amazing Christmas journey to find Australia’s most spectacular Christmas street lights. Throughout this 90-minute Special Event Matthew will be helping one Aussie street achieve its ambition to become one of the best Christmas street light displays in the country. Following in the footsteps of his parents, some 20 years earlier, Laurie McGinty has been trying to harness the community spirit of a quiet suburban street to ensure it transforms on time for a spectacular Christmas wonderland. This year Laurie is going all out to put his street on the Christmas map. As the community pulls together Matthew will meet the characters old and young and discover what an Australian Christmas really means today. Can they hold it together as they try to come up with the theme for this year’s extravaganza? Can they afford to achieve their illuminating plans to stun the scores of visitors? Will the street newcomers join in? And which house will be voted the best on the street? Matthew will also be unearthing some of the most spectacular and dramatic displays across the country. From a Queensland lights extravaganza utilising the latest in computer controlled equipment involving 12,000 flashing lights synchronised to music; to a classic Australian heritage theme complete with giant festive koalas, kangaroos and penguins. He’ll visit Melbourne to see the set up of a giant Santa’s house including a chimney emitting fire and smoke, all set off with a dynamic flashing lights display; and then head to Canberra to see 10 power boxes light up the 80,000 bulbs it takes to create the largest fully lit candy canes in ACT.

Sunday, 4 December 7:30pm on LifeStyle
Monday, 5 December 3:00am on LifeStyle
Monday, 5 December 6:00pm on LifeStyle
Friday, 9 December 6:00pm on LifeStyle
Saturday, 10 December 7:00am on LifeStyle
Sunday, 18 December 4:00pm on LifeStyle
Friday, 23 December 4:00pm on LifeStyle
Saturday, 24 December 8:30pm on LifeStyle
Sunday, 25 December 6:00am on LifeStyle
Sunday, 25 December 4:00pm on LifeStyle
Monday, 26 December 1:00am on LifeStyle

frozen

New elf
hey...
thanks for nice sharing....your research is really amazing...... that is very useful for me... i really enjoy with this community and great info..... from the members,... hope my stay at this forum will be a great fun and full of joy....

frozen

New elf
hey.... :D :D
I have used the Gemmy light show before. I mainly use it for my penguins at work as it gives me the "randomness" that I want. I used one at home last year as well, but didn't have enough LED lights to really make it look like a "Show". This year I will use it again at work and at home.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
I've watched the Christmas Lights Spectacular show on Lifestyle - well done Geoff.

And how awesome were you to get CLAP and the associated description onto the tv programme :D :D LOL!

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
Hey Steve
Thank you so much for the links. I have now been able to see just what they did to me and the show.
As I expected, they chopped it into short sound bites. I'm not unhappy, but it would have been nice to get a longer clip of the synchronization.
There is still nothing like seeing it in person, however, with the rain tonight, it may be too wet to be outside. On the other hand, traffic should be light and there could well be an option for parking and watching from the car with the radio on FM 99.9

Thanks again - Geoff