Thought I’d say G’day

Devo549

New elf
G’day all,
Like most I’ve been lurking in the background for a while now. Reading, watching, reading some more. Countless hours on the Youtubz, playing with xlights etc. thanks for all the great info. I reached out to a few locals in Melb last year but didn’t really get much of a response and the one that did was a bit busy with their own show which is understandable . Figured there’s only so much reading I can do before I need to start playing with lights and put it all into practice. so pulled the trigger and I’ve ordered a bunch of stuff. Raspberry pi 3b, F16v3, expansion board, a few smart receiver boards, some distro boards, couple of lrs 350-12, 4000 ws2811 pixels from Ray, pigtails, power injection leads and a few other bits and pieces. I only need around 2800 pixels for what I plan on using the first year but freight was a fair bit so I figured I may as well over order now incase I expand this first year. I’m sure I’ll be reaching out for a bit of help in the next few months so thanks in advance

Attachments

• 254DEAA3-0887-4F0C-829B-D076E31CCC78.jpeg
    254DEAA3-0887-4F0C-829B-D076E31CCC78.jpeg
    547.4 KB · Views: 23

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
Enjoy your lights, prop/model building and having fun and sometime frustration when it just does not go how we think it should.
My second year expanded from the second week of the December show by about 500 lights.
There are plenty of wonderful knowledgeable people here from all different backgrounds.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to unlurking on ACL. Always good to see another Victorian lighting up.
LOTS of kg's of freight there :jawdrop:

Devo549

New elf
Welcome to unlurking on ACL. Always good to see another Victorian lighting up.
LOTS of kg's of freight there :jawdrop:
Not wrong, $450 ish AUD in postage. That’s why I figured I may as well order up now so I’m not doing it twice. Thanks for the welcome

Dreamin

Full time elf
Enjoy setting up. If you need help you know where we are, no question is too stupid in my opinion. I'm going though the same situation this year, first year, setting up, scratching my head, but I know it will be worth it, and I'll learn along the way. :)